Windows 10: Screen Lag in borderless mode

Discus and support Screen Lag in borderless mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, i have dual monitors and when I try to set my games in borderless mode even though my fps is 144+, it looks like the image is lagging or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shexca, Mar 4, 2020.

1. /u/Shexca Win User

Screen Lag in borderless mode

Hello, i have dual monitors and when I try to set my games in borderless mode even though my fps is 144+, it looks like the image is lagging or stuttering. But when I use it on Fullscreen I don't experience this problem. I tried turning off g-sync and on -even though my monitors are NOT compatible with g-sync- nothing changed. Same result with v-sync and fps limiter.

My system settings:

CPU: i5-9600K not oc
    Motherboard: Z390 GAMING SLI
    RAM: 32GB ddr4 3200MHZ
    GPU: AORUS RTX 2070S

Monitors:

ASUS ROG STRIX XG27VQ
    MSI Optix MAG27CQ

submitted by /u/Shexca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shexca, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 4, 2020
  3. In borderless windowed mode, clicking on the bottom of the screen makes the taskbar show instead of clicking on that part of the application. Is there a setting to change this?

Hello.

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What exactly do you mean by when you say "In borderless windowed mode"?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you unable to open applications in full screen or maximize the application Window?
    • Do you get any error message?

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Rekuja Win User

Borderless Gaming and forced DWM / Tripple Buffering

Hey guys,

I've had this problem for a while now and I can't seem to find anything after weeks and weeks of googling

Basically, I run my games in Borderless because I have multiple monitors, it's easier for me to switch between monitor 1 and 2 this way. With Windows 7 I would right click all my games .exe files and disable Aero on everything, this would remove input lag on all my games.

With Windows 10, you can't disable Aero... as it uses DWM, which means all my games running in borderless mode have a hint of input lag, which is driving me up the wall.

The only fix so far is running games in Fullscreen, which 100% completely eliminate input lag, but as I said before, multi-display setup, I'd rather not use Fullscreen.

Has ANYONE found a fix for this? (I have disabled XBOX DVR)

i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz
    8 GB Ram
    Nvidia 980 GTX
    Windows 10 x64

1920x1080 @ 60hz
    120fps constant, no dips.

TLDR: Windows 10 has input lag when borderless gaming

Rekuja, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen Lag in borderless mode - Similar Threads - Screen Lag borderless

2. the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .: good morning everyone.i am having a problem with my windows 11 task bar , when i open games or programs in full screen or borderless window which both cover the entire screen the task bar isnt hiding it self like before there is a option in the settings to make the task bar...
  3. the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the task bar keeps appearing over games in full screen and borderless mode .: good morning everyone.i am having a problem with my windows 11 task bar , when i open games or programs in full screen or borderless window which both cover the entire screen the task bar isnt hiding it self like before there is a option in the settings to make the task bar...
  4. Lag when fullscreen or Borderless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag when fullscreen or Borderless: Some games slows my PC insanely much when fullscreened/borderless. Happens on Forza Horizon 4 and COD warzone. Does not happen i farcry 5? In openhardware and task manager, no recourses are being used until i tab out. Nothing is running hot, it just seems like it does not...
  5. Borderless PRINTING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Borderless PRINTING: Greetings, As part of her job my wife needs to print out 1 page of information via a LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet. The thing is she has to stuff a lot of info on that one page and the text gets really small. It would be nice if she could eat into the page margins and use...
  6. Borderless printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Borderless printing: I ca no longer print borderless - with Windows Photos or any other software Photoscape or PhotoShop - after upgrading to Windows 10. Everything worked fine in Windows 7. I select borderless printing in the printer controls, but all apps override it. VERY FRUSTRATING!!...
  7. Video lagging in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....
  8. Borderless Printing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Borderless Printing?: I need to print a book cover with a photo I've added to on Microsoft paint program. The printer is a Canon and I have printed borderless on it before, but from this paint program. Program settings are all correct but the preview picture, nor the printed test picture always...
  9. dual screen-game in windowed borderless makes youtube fps low and lag.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual screen-game in windowed borderless makes youtube fps low and lag.: Hi, specs first, problem second i7-2600k 3.4GHz 16 GB Ram 64Bit OS Win10 Home version 1809 build 17763.253 GeForce 960 SSC 4GB 1st Monitor: LG 25um56 running at 2560x1080 60Hz Display Port 2nd Monitor: Vizio E24-C1 running at 1920x1080 60Hz HDMI Game: Monster Hunter...
  10. PC Freezing while in borderless windowed mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC Freezing while in borderless windowed mode: Hey all, I noticed after installing the most recent windows 10 update that when playing games like PUBG or Rainbow Six Siege, when I would alt + Tab out and try to browse while the game was running my PC would freeze and I would have to do a hard reboot to fix it, nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. borderless lag multiple monitors