Windows 10: Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar

Discus and support Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, As of a few weeks ago, I've noticed considerable screen lag on my Windows 10 PC occasionally (but not always) upon performing certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickTaylor4, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar

Hi all,

As of a few weeks ago, I've noticed considerable screen lag on my Windows 10 PC occasionally (but not always) upon performing certain actions. These are: when I open a full-screen or borderless full-screen program; open a video in full-screen; open Windows Game Bar; or take a screenshot with Windows Game Bar. Doing any of these things sometimes causes my FPS to drop dramatically for a few seconds, with the screen freezing intermittently. It is very disruptive, and often means that my screenshots do not work as intended (they aren't taken until after the screen lag stops, for some reason). This screen lag is not exclusive to the program in use, but occurs across Windows; if I try to alt+tab out, I see a similar lag effect on my other windows and in the alt+tab interface.

My guess is that this is a fault of the new Game Bar interface, as I never noticed it with the old-look version of Game Bar. Should I make Microsoft aware of this issue? How so? But most importantly to me, what can I do to fix this issue?

Thank you for your help.

:)

PatrickTaylor4, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Glyph08 Win User

Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen

man,its not lag im a veteran in pc gaming the thing is with the screen for example gta v:when im in fullscreen the screen stutters when im moving the mouse or the character,but when i turn it to fullscreen borderless the problem is gone.The thing is not
    all games got fulscreen borderless

Glyph08, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Black Bars on Sides of the Screen In-Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

As I understand whenever you run the game in lower resolution it does not work (Black bars).

Did you re-install graphics card drivers?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Also refer to the thread for suggestions.

Some games in fullscreen have black bars on side.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar

screen flikkering and low fps when playing fullscreen games

Thank you for the update. Let us further isolate this concern, by disabling Game bar and Game DVR. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Settings.

• Click Gaming.

• Click Game bar.

• Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

How to disable Game DVR

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Settings.

• Click Gaming.

• Click Game DVR.

• Click the switch below Record in the background while I'm playing a game so that it turns Off.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a local user and check if the same issue will occur.

Keep us updated.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar

1. Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar - Similar Threads - Screen lag entering

2. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  3. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  4. Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game: So when I play a game its called fall guys and i play it on Fullscreen It Is great quality And I run a stat tracker in the background when i play it its still great quality but when i pit the overlay feature on. the fps goes really down. so if anyone could hep with that it...
  5. Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game: So when I play a game its called fall guys and i play it on Fullscreen It Is great quality And I run a stat tracker in the background when i play it its still great quality but when i pit the overlay feature on. the fps goes really down. so if anyone could hep with that it...
  6. Screen Gamma reset after entering fullscreen mode games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Gamma reset after entering fullscreen mode games: I changed my colour gamma settings using different 3rd party applications and the two that worked the best are Colorize and QuickGamma.I didn't just change the gamma, but I also boosted the gamma of red colour so just increasing the gamma overall won't help.The problem shows...
  7. Lag when fullscreen or Borderless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag when fullscreen or Borderless: Some games slows my PC insanely much when fullscreened/borderless. Happens on Forza Horizon 4 and COD warzone. Does not happen i farcry 5? In openhardware and task manager, no recourses are being used until i tab out. Nothing is running hot, it just seems like it does not...
  8. USB lag when using fullscreen or sharing screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB lag when using fullscreen or sharing screen: Hi. I've a weird issue. Everytime I open a game in fullscreen or a I start sharing the screen using Microsoft Teams or Discord, all my periphereals start lagging. All these periphereals are from Logitech G and are connected to the back of the motherboard, which is an Asus Rog...
  9. Black screen in games when fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in games when fullscreen: Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in windowed....
  10. Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode: Hi I have a problem where When I open a game like apex legends or fortnite, My monitor resolution jumps up to 3840 by 2160 witch is only supported as 30 htz. But I want my games to run at 1920 by 1080 at 144htz because that is my monitors refresh rate. Does anyone know...