Windows 10: Screen limit loophole

Discus and support Screen limit loophole in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I use child screen limit for my child's night sleep. However, my child found that the last program running such as chromecast or YouTube or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ParentD, Apr 10, 2020.

1. ParentD Win User

Screen limit loophole

Hello,

I use child screen limit for my child's night sleep. However, my child found that the last program running such as chromecast or YouTube or text to sound apps can still continue without screen. So, basically screen is off but CPU is running.

Yes, my child sets "never sleep mode" and "do nothing" with lid close, which can be changed easily with control panel change without administrator privilege.

I wonder if you can help me to set up "sleep" instead of simple screen off.

Or change time limit of screen off to sleep function.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

:)

ParentD, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 10, 2020
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Screen limit loophole

screen limits wont turn off

Hi Colleen,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your son's screen time limits can occur due to several reasons, such as, an outdated Family Safety, an expired account, etc. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article:
    Fix screen time limits not working in Windows 10
    . To learn more about the available troubleshooting steps for family features, kindly click on
    Read more about troubleshooting family features (in English).

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Screen limit loophole

1. Screen limit loophole - Similar Threads - Screen limit loophole

2. my laptop is stuck in a loophole.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is stuck in a loophole.: i tried to sign in to my laptop, but it says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device.". so i tried to set up my pin, but it says "user profile service failed to sign in." and send me back to lock screen, i tried safe mode,...
  3. my laptop is stuck in a loophole.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is stuck in a loophole.: i tried to sign in to my laptop, but it says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device.". so i tried to set up my pin, but it says "user profile service failed to sign in." and send me back to lock screen, i tried safe mode,...
  4. my laptop is stuck in a loophole.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Loophole with wrong date of birth

Loophole with wrong date of birth: After 2 sessions with supportchat im still no step further. The problem is as followedI have a main account in which i accidentaly changed the date of birth. Im now according to the sofware underage. Ive tried to add my account as a childaccount in microsoft family under a...
  6. Loophole with wrong date of birth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loophole with wrong date of birth: After 2 sessions with supportchat im still no step further. The problem is as followedI have a main account in which i accidentaly changed the date of birth. Im now according to the sofware underage. Ive tried to add my account as a childaccount in microsoft family under a...
  7. windows reset loophole.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows reset loophole.: Im trying to restart my pc, it runs windows 11, im trying to remove everything off my pc because of corrupted files on my pc, for literally weeks i been trying to reset my pc and it gets stuck in a loophole and it brings me to the advanced options page when it completes, can...
  8. windows reset loophole.

windows reset loophole.: Im trying to restart my pc, it runs windows 11, im trying to remove everything off my pc because of corrupted files on my pc, for literally weeks i been trying to reset my pc and it gets stuck in a loophole and it brings me to the advanced options page when it completes, can...
  9. Pc in loophole for automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc in loophole for automatic repairs: So my pc has been in automatic repair mode for the last 4hrs now. I try doing the startup and trying safe mode it still goes back into the loophole. i tried to co into command prompt but it asks me for a password and when i enter the password it says the password is wrong. i...
  10. URL access loophole / Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    URL access loophole / Issue: Hi I wonder if anybody can help or if they know this is a know issue. Been using Microsoft Family for my kids and noticed there is a flaw in how it may block a certain URL & allows the child to access. e.g. Blocked URL www.youtube.com Allowed URL - Specific Youtube...