Windows 10: Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store...

Discus and support Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So my PC was setup to require no password. windows 10; its a PC for my work and its locked back in a private office i don't have to worry about anyone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike R Leger, May 13, 2020.

1. Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store...

So my PC was setup to require no password. windows 10; its a PC for my work and its locked back in a private office i don't have to worry about anyone else logging into it.

I signed into Microsoft Store using my personal account, and all of a sudden i was locked out of my PC, it wanted a password. After messing around with my many accounts it turns out it wanted my password for my o365 account. Now after a few minutes of idle time the screen locks and i have to re-enter my password for o365.

Now i have disabled all screen lock, power settings, and timeout settings however after a few minutes the screen still goes to back and i have to re-sign in.

However i'm still being asked to login again after every few minutes, no matter what setting i change.

Does anyone know a way to fix this, prevent this. I don't want to re-install everything i have too much on my PC. Is this a setting somewhere in my o365? if so i can't find it.

:)

Mike R Leger, May 13, 2020

2. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

Thanks for the response but I have no screen saver set.

Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store... [​IMG]

Any other suggestions? This is a royal PITA!

Dick Jagger, May 13, 2020
  3. BRiemann Win User
    Lock Screen during Idle

Hi all,

Scenario: I'm sitting at my desk writing on some paper (I'm a mathematician, so I'll regularly pull up articles and just let the computer be idle on them). I'm regularly looking at the article, back to writing, back to the article, etc., without using the
    computer much (every few minutes at best). However, despite my best attempts, if I leave the computer idle for 1-2 minutes, the screen goes to the lock screen (whatever the Windows default is, where it shows images of different regions), which I desperately
    want it not to do so quickly. If it goes to the lock screen after 15 minutes, that is fine, but as it is set currently, it is simply too quickly.

My question: How do I extend the time before the computer brings up the lock screen? For reference, I have made it so there is no password, and I've changed the "Turn Off Display After:" to "Never" as well as the option for it to enter sleep to never...nothing
    has given me what I'm after.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions!!

BRiemann, May 13, 2020
  4. orbtwin Win User

Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store...

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello again @Brink

Yes, i know that the question here isn't the FIRST screen to login. I know that the "damn lock screen" appears when a certain amount of time computer is idle.
    I'm sure i've followed the OPTION THREE correctly.
    Yesterday i follow the tutorial with a remote PC in another room of the house (The PC i want to disable it's the HTPC intel NUC in the salon). Tomorrow i'm gonna to repeat steps in the real PC, you know.
    But this afternoon, standing all day the PC idle, i've just to see the lock screen (the beach and the rocks, default one)

As i said, tomorrow i'm gonna to redo in the real PC, (no remote session)
    By the way...in the task manager, when i must to write the reg key...it's different what you're saying:
    It's the same HKLM that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Tomorrow i'll post you again

orbtwin, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store...

1. Screen lock ever few minutes of idle time enabled only after singing into Microsoft Store... - Similar Threads - Screen lock ever

2. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  3. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  4. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  5. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  6. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  7. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  8. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  9. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle: I can not get my pc to follow my Power and Sleep settings. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen is blank and I have to wake it and login. [img] 33957
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...