Windows 10: Screen lock out too often even as i am working

Discus and support Screen lock out too often even as i am working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My screen gets locked more often even as I am working on the laptop. I set my laptop Power & Sleep to never, and it still gets auto locked within... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RoshnieVenkataraman, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Screen lock out too often even as i am working

My screen gets locked more often even as I am working on the laptop.

I set my laptop Power & Sleep to never, and it still gets auto locked within seconds or sometimes randomly.

I thought it was a virus and bought AVG.

Now, AVG scans and says performance issues, and asks me to buy more additions to anti virus protection.

Pls advise.

:)

RoshnieVenkataraman, Feb 16, 2019

2. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Screen lock out too often even as i am working

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Screen lock out too often even as i am working

1. Screen lock out too often even as i am working - Similar Threads - Screen lock too

2. I am locked out of my administrator account. It's not even visible on the login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my administrator account. It's not even visible on the login screen?: Hey, so I have a problem signing into the administrator account. I had two accounts on my computer; the admin and my personal one. I wanted to switch the admin account in order to make my personal one administrator. The reason I wanted to do this was because my admin account...
  3. I am locked out of my administrator account. It's not even visible on the login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am locked out of my administrator account. It's not even visible on the login screen?: Hey, so I have a problem signing into the administrator account. I had two accounts on my computer; the admin and my personal one. I wanted to switch the admin account in order to make my personal one administrator. The reason I wanted to do this was because my admin account...
  4. Am I forever locked out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I forever locked out?: I turned my laptop on, and saw that I was not allowed to input my pin.Since I wasn't allowed, it gave me an option to set up a new one. When I clicked it, it said that some app was needed to be installed and nothing else... What do I do?...
  5. Help. I am locked out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. I am locked out.: So I recently done a pc reboot(I cleaned everything I had in it) with the shift+restart method and now that is restarted it asks me for an account and pass. I did NOT have one when I was using the pc until now. What do I do? submitted by /u/AdrianHEY [link] [comments]...
  6. Screen goes to sleep too often

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen goes to sleep too often: On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use. However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off....
  7. Screen goes to sleep too often

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes to sleep too often: On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use. However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off....
  8. i am locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am locked out: i am locked out. Cannot send or receive emails. Cannot connect to TeamViewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out/12d5f0b1-6116-451a-b69f-0663562bc4cb
  9. screen switches off too often

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen switches off too often: Hi, my screen is set to switch off if I don't hit any keys for what seems like 2 or 3 minutes. This is annoying as I am reading while I type and I keep having to log back onto the PC every time it happens. How do I stop this?...
  10. I am constantly locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am constantly locked out: I am unable to get into my onedrive at any time and I think ive been hacked!! ive tried uninstalling it and installing it. pls help !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-constantly-locked-out/d417a26e-09dc-4c8a-89b9-fbfd45749596