Windows 10: screen lock pin/password

Discus and support screen lock pin/password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by chrisnorman78, Nov 20, 2019.

1. screen lock pin/password

I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it.

:)

chrisnorman78, Nov 20, 2019

2. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Nov 20, 2019
  4. screen lock pin/password

Lock Screen Pin or Password

Pls tell me how to set a pin or password on my windows phone 10 lock screen?☺

KaloyanKostov, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

screen lock pin/password

1. screen lock pin/password - Similar Threads - screen lock pin

2. Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local: I have an older PC which, all of a sudden, refused to take the password for the lock screen. I had been using this password for years and it simply refused to work. I contacted the manufacturer who, for a $99 fee, would do 'advanced' tech support it was way out of warranty so...
  3. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  4. Changing from pin to password on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing from pin to password on lock screen: On my computer a desktop I am being forced to sign in with my pin. I have forgotten my pin and want to use my password to sign in. Also when I set up this post I accidentally used the wrong emale and now cant get any emails from that account as I dont have that emale. So how...
  5. Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken...
  6. Lock Screen sometimes opens password/PIN screen on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen sometimes opens password/PIN screen on its own: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken...
  7. lock screen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen password: I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-password/3f9bb64b-8cde-4b98-883e-2675817b5dba
  8. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  9. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  10. lock screen password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lock screen password: Hello, I have successfully disabled the request for logon password with netplwiz, but lock screen still requires the password. Is there a way I can disable this as well? I selected "never" not to require it upon the pc waking up, but it doesn't work. Thanks. 34777