Windows 10: Screen lock time

Discus and support Screen lock time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Scope I have searched and searched for a solution on this issue and have found one that works but the settings do not stick. Description and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Locutus0, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Locutus0 Win User

Screen lock time

Scope

I have searched and searched for a solution on this issue and have found one that works but the settings do not stick.

Description and research

I have 2 Windows 10 upgraded computers that the accounts lock out after only one minute. This is a domain environment with a 30 minute lockout time. The settings on the local systems reflect this except in registry under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\InactivityTimeoutSecs it goes back to 708 sec. This registry setting is the one that, if I change to 0 sec, fixes the issue but it continues to return to 708 sec.
    Trust me, have changed all power settings, sleep settings, screen saver settings, and unattended sleep settings and this registry setting is the only one that returns results, for a day.... then it returns.

Does anyone know why this setting changes back to 708 sec (11.8 minutes) even though the domain is set to 30 minutes and I manually change it to 0 sec.

:)

Locutus0, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Screen lock time

Screen Lock Time

When I step away from my computer for 5 minutes my screen locks. How can I increase the time before my screen locks?

PaulPassaro, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Screen lock time

1. Screen lock time - Similar Threads - Screen lock

2. Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen: Windows 10 was supposed to be on the back burner after Microsoft shifted its focus to Windows 11, but that doesn’t appear to be the case anymore. In the past few months, Windows 10 has received several new features. Today, Microsoft is adding MSN cards to the lock screen....
  3. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  4. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  5. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  6. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  7. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Next Windows 10 update brings Windows Spotlight, Lock screen content, and another Windows...

in Windows 10 News
    Next Windows 10 update brings Windows Spotlight, Lock screen content, and another Windows...: Microsoft released a new update to the Windows 10 Release Preview channel. The update KB5035941 is in testing and will be released soon to the general Windows 10 device population. While most Windows 10 updates focus on security patches and the fixing of bugs, this one is...
  9. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  10. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...