Windows 10: Screen Lock

Discus and support Screen Lock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I Want to lock my screen into the horizontal position.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaphaelHerrera, Sep 7, 2018.

1. RaphaelHerrera Win User

Screen Lock

I Want to lock my screen into the horizontal position.

:)

RaphaelHerrera, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Sachin V Rao Win User

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Josey Wales Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Screen Lock [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 7, 2018
  4. rmanasa Win User

Screen Lock

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Screen Lock

1. Screen Lock - Similar Threads - Screen Lock

2. Win 10 Lock screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Lock screen issue: Hi, I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.376] and would like to keep the lock screen on for a certain amount of time (10 minutes). I searched here and found an outdated post (Power Options - Add Console lock display off timeout Tutorial | Windows 8 Help Forums)...
  3. Lock screen in win 10 stopped rotating stock photos

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen in win 10 stopped rotating stock photos: since the lastvwin 10 update windows stopped rotating pictures. Its stuck on the standard windows start with a handful of options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-in-win-10-stopped-rotating-stock/224c043f-1e4a-492f-8339-7f23f7734dfc
  4. Cat ran across keyboard on lock screen and changed my touch screen settings?

Cat ran across keyboard on lock screen and changed my touch screen settings?: Last night, my cat was stepping over my keyboard (while on lock screen) and now my touch screen doesn't work like normal. Instead, when I try to press something (like a right mouse click would be) it highlights the item and only works if I double press the item. I've tried...
  5. password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.

password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.: I booted up my computer running Windows 10 and entered my password on the lock- screen,but it is not recognized. There is no 'forgot password" link. How to I get into my computer. Logging on my Microsoft account yields no answers....
  6. Windows 10 lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen.: I enjoy the new features on Windows 10. But the lock screen is turning off my internet radio. It's really a pain to walk back to the pc and move my mouse to reset the timer. Can a update or patch fix this issue?...
  7. lock screen w10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lock screen w10: How can I get the screen to lock after 3 minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-w10/d88507e2-f433-4c02-b9fb-154b343bea0b"
  8. Change lock screen password onlzy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change lock screen password onlzy: Hi, I just got a laptop that I'm going to use for office work when not at home. So I'd like to keep getting asked for a password. But it's quite annoying that the lock screen password is my microsoft password. It has become an abomination because it can't be set to an...
  9. Caps Lock does not display on my notebook screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock does not display on my notebook screen.: I have no 'screen configurations' tab in my advanced display settings. I want to display the 'Caps lock' display in my RCA Cambio 10.1 inch notebook/tablet. I want the 'Caps Lock' on-screen display with no pings or beeps. How can I enable this?...
  10. Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading

Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading: I tried to log onto my laptop today and have had difficulty being able to even reach the stage of logging in. My laptop has been fine since installing it to the latest updates and I have never experienced a problem like this before. When turning my laptop on it turns on fine...