Windows 10: Screen Lock

Discus and support Screen Lock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I Want to lock my screen into the horizontal position.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaphaelHerrera, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Screen Lock

I Want to lock my screen into the horizontal position.

:)

RaphaelHerrera, Sep 7, 2018

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Screen Lock [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 7, 2018
  4. rmanasa Win User

Screen Lock

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Screen Lock

1. Screen Lock - Similar Threads - Screen Lock

2. Changing from pin to password on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing from pin to password on lock screen: On my computer a desktop I am being forced to sign in with my pin. I have forgotten my pin and want to use my password to sign in. Also when I set up this post I accidentally used the wrong emale and now cant get any emails from that account as I dont have that emale. So how...
  3. Need help, son is locked out screen time broken

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help, son is locked out screen time broken: My son's Win10 device says "Times up! This device is locked because of family settings......" If he clicks "My parent is here" he gets "An error has occurred" and if he clicks Send Request he gets "Something went wrong" I already removed him from the family group and then...
  4. PC randomly goes to a blue screen that says "Locking" while playing games and then becomes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly goes to a blue screen that says "Locking" while playing games and then becomes...: My laptop has had this issue for a long time, but it has for some reason gotten worse now. Any time I intensively use the computer to play games like Boneworks, or Apex legends, the pc will switch to a blue screen after a while that represents the windows loading screen, and...
  5. Windows lock screen picture won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  6. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  7. My laptop is showing a locking screen and shutting down by it self.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop is showing a locking screen and shutting down by it self.: Im Using my laptop and its showing a locking screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-showing-a-locking-screen-and-shutting/47cf99e0-a92f-4f6f-b10d-beb9cedb9546
  8. Changing lock screen wallpaper not working, when I choose my picture, the preview is stuck...

Changing lock screen wallpaper not working, when I choose my picture, the preview is stuck...: I want to change the wallpaper of my lock screen. But when I tried to change the picture it won´t let me. I opened the settings, headed to personalization, then to lock screen, I changed the background settings to picture, I clicked on browse, chose my picture and then the...
  9. Unlocked Lock screen showing before screen off

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlocked Lock screen showing before screen off: hi this is a bit of strange one - on my new Zenbook i noticed that the lockscreen shows up BEFORE the pc goes to screen off - there is no screen saver configured in settings or aynthjing and the weird part is that it's unlocked also, so you can click ENTER or spacebar or a...
  10. How do I find out the location of my own lock screen background that I put on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find out the location of my own lock screen background that I put on Windows 10?: Hey, I had bought a PC in 2013 with Windows 8.1, and had set a picture as my lock screen wallpaper back then. When it came out, I upgraded to Windows 10. Now, I need that photo, and I forgot where it is. I have a terabyte of data, and my files are very cluttered, so I don't...