Windows 10: Screen lock?

Discus and support Screen lock? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way that I can lock my screen on my laptop so that people can use the program that's open but not close it and access personal info? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/therealjg184, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Screen lock?

Is there a way that I can lock my screen on my laptop so that people can use the program that's open but not close it and access personal info?
    I am using my laptop for music at a party and I would like to be able to leave Spotify open so people can play the music they like but not close the program or open a new one.
    I'm not sure if this makes sense, and if that is the case then please ask and I will explain it better.

submitted by /u/therealjg184
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/therealjg184, Nov 30, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Screen lock? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Screen lock?

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Screen lock?

1. Screen lock? - Similar Threads - Screen lock

2. I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.: This always shows up every time I press the Caps Lock button, and I don't know how to turn it off. Can someone please help me with this? I don't want this to show up every time I have caps lock....
  3. I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.: This always shows up every time I press the Caps Lock button, and I don't know how to turn it off. Can someone please help me with this? I don't want this to show up every time I have caps lock....
  4. I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen: I use an HP Laptop 17-cn0xxx, and up until recently, I have not had this problem. But suddenly, I get a Caps Lock notification on my screen every time I click the dang Caps Lock button, I didn't have it this morning, and now I do. Please, tell me, how do I turn this thing...
  6. Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen

Caps Lock Notification on my computer screen: I use an HP Laptop 17-cn0xxx, and up until recently, I have not had this problem. But suddenly, I get a Caps Lock notification on my screen every time I click the dang Caps Lock button, I didn't have it this morning, and now I do. Please, tell me, how do I turn this thing...
  7. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  8. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  9. How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?: Hi, I booted up my PC today, and now I have a large, grey caps lock/num lock notification on my screen. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but so far have come up unsuccessful. I have an OMEN desktop pc, so I tried to find HP Hotkey Support, which didn't work as it isn't...
  10. How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?: Hi, I booted up my PC today, and now I have a large, grey caps lock/num lock notification on my screen. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but so far have come up unsuccessful. I have an OMEN desktop pc, so I tried to find HP Hotkey Support, which didn't work as it isn't...