Windows 10: SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN

Discus and support SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; LENOVO LAPTOP/WINDOWS 10. RAN UPDATE RESTARTED AND IT SAID I NEEDED A PIN#.TRIED TO GET PIN CODE SO I COULD CHANGE IT AND IT SAID IT WOULD SEND ME A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DAVEMCCONNELL1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN

LENOVO LAPTOP/WINDOWS 10. RAN UPDATE RESTARTED AND IT SAID I NEEDED A PIN#.TRIED TO GET PIN CODE SO I COULD CHANGE IT AND IT SAID IT WOULD SEND ME A CODE AT MY EMAIL. CAN NOT RECEIVE EMAIL IF I CAN NOT GET ON THE COMPUTER. TRIED TO X OUT AN SHUT DOWN . WILL NOT DO SO. TRIED TO ARROW BACK TO PREVIOUS SCREEN. NOTHING. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

:)

DAVEMCCONNELL1, Jan 18, 2019

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 18, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 18, 2019
  4. SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN

1. SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN - Similar Threads - SCREEN LOCKED PLEASE

2. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  3. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  4. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  6. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  7. Stuck on please wait screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on please wait screen: Hello so im trying to boot into safe mode cuz i could login in my pc i didnt forget password it was stuck on date/time screen and its stuck on blue please wait screen any help?...
  8. Stuck on "Please wait" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Please wait" screen: Hi, I tried to reinstall my uncle's old pc today and give it a fresh windows 10, but a problem occurred. The installation went smoothly, the pc started and i went to the Windows update setting in the menu. It started downloading the 1909 update, and a few other things like...
  9. Black screen after please wait screen on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after please wait screen on boot up: Hello, everyone, I am having issues with my windows booting up. As soon as I turn it on it goes to the black screen with the windows 10 blue logo and right under that, it says please wait as it boots to the screen just prior to the login. as soon as it finishes on the please...
  10. windows 10 locked in please wait

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 locked in please wait: windows 10 locked in please wait https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-locked-in-please-wait/c57aa4f3-9a19-42dc-a929-f009f3479db2