Windows 10: Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!

Discus and support Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I'm running an oficial W10 Pro on a 2 year old Acer and have two problems. If I turn my back for more that about 2 minutes, to answer phone or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JennyEldershaw, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!

Hi.

I'm running an oficial W10 Pro on a 2 year old Acer and have two problems.

If I turn my back for more that about 2 minutes, to answer phone or fetch a brew.....or just write something, my screen reverts to the lock screen and requires a PIN to open up again. This is driving me mad. Its a home PC, and I have no internal security issues; as yet, the dog has not mastered the keyboard and mouse. Something to do with not having opposable thumbs.

I have googled the problem for ages and tried everything I can find. Been into gpedit.msc and set telemetry.....whetever that is..... to full, tweaked the registry, tried all settings on screensaver and tried all settings of power options, basic and advanced. My power settings are all set to never (that's my choice)

I want the screen to stay active for about 30 minutes before it locks. That's all.

There is also that dreaded "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation". I want that OUT!!!! I am MY organisation. This appears on the lock screen settings page in Personalise. Could these two issues be connected?

The PC came from the Curry's/PC World chain here in the UK, and it was the Demo model. It was the last one like this and they knocked a bit off the price for me. I reset it to factory defaults when I got it home and scanned it with Norton, Spybot and Auslogics. I wonder if the shop set this to stop customers messing with the thing while it was out on display?

A similar problem as the second one I detail above occured on another PC running W10 Home. There was a setting in gpedit.msc which allowed me to alter this, but its not there in this machine

I have used computers since my Sinclair ZX81....(I'm old)....but I am not a techie, so please, words of one syllable please!

Thank you in advance to anyone who will offer a fix for this. It is niggling me.

Hugs,

Jenny

:)

JennyEldershaw, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Freeze69 Win User

Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion.

many reboots, and changes, my laptop still goes to lock screen after 1-2 minutes. Please help!

Freeze69, Jan 31, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 31, 2019
  4. zinou Win User

Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying! [​IMG]

Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying! [​IMG]

zinou, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying!

1. Screen locks after 2 mins.......very annoying! - Similar Threads - Screen locks mins

2. Random blue screen 2 mins after booting Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random blue screen 2 mins after booting Windows 11: I get a random blue screen a minute or two after booting every single time. They vary all the time but the last two were PFNLISTCORRUPT and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. When I restart after the first blue screen it works fine until I turn it off. I don't know what the cause is....
  3. Random blue screen 2 mins after booting Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random blue screen 2 mins after booting Windows 11: I get a random blue screen a minute or two after booting every single time. They vary all the time but the last two were PFNLISTCORRUPT and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. When I restart after the first blue screen it works fine until I turn it off. I don't know what the cause is....
  4. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  5. No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No matter what settings, windows goes to lock screen after 1~2 mins.: Hey guys, this problem has been draining my sanity for a long time. My working laptop goes to lock screen/ black screen every time Im idle for longer than 1 or 2 minutes.. the problem is.. That everything in POWER SETTINGS, REGISTRY and SCREEN SAVING is set to NEVER. Ive...
  6. Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min): Hello! I have recently been experiencing a problem with my boot up. The boot up seems to be stuck at the loading screen with the windows logo and the dots made of circles. it takes about 2 minutes to get to the log in screen. I have even tried a fresh windows install to no...
  7. Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+: My computer works fine with no issues being for long periods of time, but when I lock my computer (WIN + L) if its locked for about 30 min or so everything freezes (the keyboard and mouse don't work) and I have to restart for it to work again. I've tried unplugging and...
  8. Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?: I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion. many reboots, and changes, my laptop still goes to lock screen after 1-2 minutes. Please help!...
  9. Windows 10 lock screen annoyance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen annoyance: When I start up my computer I get a picture with time and date embossed upon it. After several mouse clicks I get to my sign-in page. Can someone please tell me now to arrange it so that the computer starts up in the sign in page 60824
  10. The Lock Screen appears every 30 min.

in Windows 10 Support
    The Lock Screen appears every 30 min.: Hi there I have an annoying problem with windows 10. The lock screen appear every 30 min no matter if I am using or not the computer. I have changed the settings everywhere but I can't disable that behavior. Please help me. Any hint would be appreciated very much. 20342