Windows 10: screen malfunction

Discus and support screen malfunction in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] There is a weird dark rectangle covering the bottom of my screen. It doesn't inhibit anything but makes the graphics under it blurry and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luke AXO, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Luke AXO Win User

screen malfunction

screen malfunction [​IMG]

There is a weird dark rectangle covering the bottom of my screen. It doesn't inhibit anything but makes the graphics under it blurry and sometimes will change colors to translucent red or get greenish/yellow vertical streaks. I did not drop the computer or do anything that would cause any damage I just opened it up this morning and it was dead and I plugged it in, turned it on and now this box is here

:)

Luke AXO, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 19, 2021
  4. screen malfunction

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

screen malfunction

1. screen malfunction - Similar Threads - screen malfunction

2. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  3. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  4. White screen? windows “login” malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen? windows “login” malfunction: Image posted when i turn the computer on it gets me to the login part, i log in, and it shows me this white square. i have tried for 3 hours now to get through, excuse the terms i might use wrong since i’m not english, but i have scanned it and that didn’t work, i have...
  5. White screen? windows “login” malfunction

White screen? windows “login” malfunction: Image posted when i turn the computer on it gets me to the login part, i log in, and it shows me this white square. i have tried for 3 hours now to get through, excuse the terms i might use wrong since i’m not english, but i have scanned it and that didn’t work, i have...
  6. Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...: Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up my PIN on Microsoft platforms. Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues? Urgently need assistance. #BlueScreen #PINSetupError"...
  7. Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...

Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...: Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up my PIN on Microsoft platforms. Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues? Urgently need assistance. #BlueScreen #PINSetupError"...
  8. Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Dell Active Pen malfunctions on screen rotation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Active Pen malfunctions on screen rotation: Hi,I am using a Dell active pen on a Dell Latitude 7210 Windows tablet. I have set the pen button to act as Mouse left click. When I start the tablet, the pen works fine in the original landscape screen orientation. However, when I rotate the screen to portrait and click the...
  10. Dell Active Pen malfunctions on screen rotation

Dell Active Pen malfunctions on screen rotation: Hi,I am using a Dell active pen on a Dell Latitude 7210 Windows tablet. I have set the pen button to act as Mouse left click. When I start the tablet, the pen works fine in the original landscape screen orientation. However, when I rotate the screen to portrait and click the...