Windows 10: Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues

Discus and support Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Windows 10 version 1901 if that matters and I'm trying to connect to my Roku that has screen mirroring enabled. I go to add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonahB27, May 16, 2020.

1. JonahB27 Win User

Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues

Hello!

I have a Windows 10 version 1901 if that matters and I'm trying to connect to my Roku that has screen mirroring enabled. I go to add a device, click on the name of my tv, it loads for awhile and then says "couldn't connect to your device".

I have restarted my computer, there are no updates available, I have gone to my devices and found the device to remove and re-add, my roku is up to date, connection is allowed in the settings, I tried to see if anything came up on diagnostic tests but nothing.

What can I do to resolve this?

:)

JonahB27, May 16, 2020
  2. GraceRow Win User

Need Help screen mirroring to roku stick

Ive done all the steps like enabling screen mirroring on my roku stick and then adding my roku as a device to my PC but then I dont know how to mirror from there

GraceRow, May 16, 2020
  3. Unable to mirror to Roku stick

Hello There,

I think the
    Roku Support
    site would benefit you more with your problem as it seems that the Roku is playing up, not the PC.

But I'm going to extract the things I've read on this Roku Support Page (Roku)

Judging by what you've said, I think the Roku isn't willing to be connected to. This can be for a few reasons.

• You don't have screen mirroring enabled
    • Go to Settings>System.
    • Go to Screen mirroring (beta).

Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues [​IMG]

Ensure that "Enable screen mirroring" is checked.

Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues [​IMG]

2. Your Roku device isn't connected to the same network as your device.

3. Your Roku device might not be updated to the latest firmware

Settings>System>System update

4. You've got Roku 1 (But you've got a Roku Stick so ignore this)

Good Luck and please reply on if this helped Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues :) (Sorry this is all in bold, my computer is playing up.)

MicrowaveRook, May 16, 2020
  4. Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues

Unable to Screen Mirror Windows 10 to Roku Television.

Hi Summaro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Summaro, I would suggest you to completely remove your Roku TV from the computer by going to
    Settings > Devices > Click on your Roku TV > Then, click on
    Remove Device.

Also, remove your computer from your TV if you see the computer name on your computer.

Then, follow the steps mentioned in the section How do I screen mirror from my Windows device? from

How to Use Screen Mirroring with your Windows Device
    and screen mirror your Windows 10 computer to your Roku TV.

You may also try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by going to
    Settings
    > Update and Security > Troubleshoot and run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and see if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues

1. Screen Mirroring with a Roku Issues - Similar Threads - Screen Mirroring Roku

2. Difficulty with screen mirroring to a wireless display Roku Streambar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty with screen mirroring to a wireless display Roku Streambar: I'm at my wits end trying to get my desktop PC to connect to a wireless display. I've spent the last hours? days? Troublshooting the issue trying to get my PC to connect to the Roku Streambar system I have in my living room. The Roku device is new, and I've managed to be able...
  3. Difficulty with screen mirroring to a wireless display Roku Streambar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty with screen mirroring to a wireless display Roku Streambar: I'm at my wits end trying to get my desktop PC to connect to a wireless display. I've spent the last hours? days? Troublshooting the issue trying to get my PC to connect to the Roku Streambar system I have in my living room. The Roku device is new, and I've managed to be able...
  4. Screen mirroring issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen mirroring issues: I contacted roku on this issue and they suggested I contacted you guys.Okay, everything, I have tried on making my Roku 4k Express come up on my computer againAs in Bluetooth finding it it won't, but it now will not allow me to mirror the screen/cast, etc. Can you...
  5. Screen mirroring issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen mirroring issues: I contacted roku on this issue and they suggested I contacted you guys.Okay, everything, I have tried on making my Roku 4k Express come up on my computer againAs in Bluetooth finding it it won't, but it now will not allow me to mirror the screen/cast, etc. Can you...
  6. MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV: My Roku TV is no longer found under WIRELESS DISPLAY but is now found under DEVICES AND PRINTERS/MULTIMEDIA DEVICE and I can't get my laptop with Windows 11 to connect/ mirror cast to it. Please help....
  7. Mirroring to Roku hangs once connected???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring to Roku hangs once connected???: Mirroring to Roku hangs once connected, new SANYO 2020 ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-to-roku-hangs-once-connected/cf02fac0-1cdd-4173-a023-a2eb460a525a
  8. Windows screen mirroring to roku

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows screen mirroring to roku: I recently updated my PC from 7 to 10. I installed as a second os so I could retain 7 for programs that don't run on 8 and I assume don't run on 10, hence why I haven't updated until recently. After installing the screen size would not match up with monitor leaving me with...
  9. Windows 10 will Not Screen Mirror to Roku Stick

Windows 10 will Not Screen Mirror to Roku Stick: I have tried multiple solutions to try and screen mirror my Windows 10 PC to my tv via Roku Stick. My PC has Miracast with HDCP. I have tried connecting through the Action Center and Settings. The PC initiates a connection with the Roku Stick. I select Allow on Roku and...
  10. Unable to Screen Mirror Windows 10 to Roku Television.

Unable to Screen Mirror Windows 10 to Roku Television.: Okay, so the first time I set up screen mirroring on my Roku TCL 32" it worked! However, I went to do a task that took around 30 minutes and came back and saw that my computer and the tv was asleep/off. So I try to reconnect my pc to the roku and everytime I did it, it always...