Screen never turns off when idle

Discus and support Screen never turns off when idle in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZoltanE, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ZoltanE Win User

I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever.
    I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE family controller) but none of them had power options or anything related to waking up the computer.
    Any advice on what should I try next?

:)

ZoltanE, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Checkoff Win User

Mic turns off when screen idle

"For Windows 8 and later, additional software is not required. "

is there any power saving Setting?

Checkoff, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Mic turns off when screen idle

Hi,

Let's isolate the issue by downloading the latest drivers on this
    link

For your reference, you can also refer to the article below for troubleshooting webcam issues:

Troubleshooting: Webcams

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Jul 31, 2015
  4. ZoltanE Win User

I still haven't figured out what the problem is. I disabled all wake functionality in the network device, updated its driver, unplugged the BT dongle. Now an elevated "powercfg /requests" returns "none" for everything.

ZoltanE, Sep 16, 2015
  5. ZoltanE Win User
    As it turns out the Razer Hydra controller kept the system awake.

ZoltanE, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Screen never turns off when idle - Similar Threads - Screen never turns

1. Screen going black while playing appaently random games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen going black while playing appaently random games: I have a long-time issue I can't figure out so I decided to ask for the common knowledge of the community to help me out. I have a weird issue with certain games but I can't see any apparent pattern in it. Some games show this issue, some don't. When I start playing,...
  2. NEVER been able to get lock screen slideshow to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEVER been able to get lock screen slideshow to work: If it's OK to change the subject slightly, I have NEVER been able to get ts work: [img] Ideas? 67017
  3. Never ending loading screen starting my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Never ending loading screen starting my computer: Hey, so i've been having more problems with my PC and i hope you could help me cause of you being so helpfull last time. So this time i've been having a worse problem than the pc crashing while using it. Now my Computer won't even start, when i do turn on my PC it goes past...
  4. BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While browsing internet and blue screen never restarts after 100%: I've been blue screening for a week and a half now on and off. The first time it happened I was just browsing the web. It gave me the blue screen and said it was collecting info. The percentage reached 100% but never restarteed, so I held down the power button to restart. I...
  5. PC never waking up? Screen may have something to do with it?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC never waking up? Screen may have something to do with it?: I just bought a custom PC. So far it runs great and boots fast. It's an i7 8700k with an Nvidia 1080, 750w and a Gigabyte Z370X. Lately I'd notice my computer would enter a sort of hibernation. The lights would be on and the computer would be running, but my screen is off....
  6. After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

in Windows 10 Support
    After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never": Every time I restart my computer (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), the setting under Power & Sleep -> Screen which controls the length of time before the screen blacks out is reset to "Never" *Mad. I don't want Windows to do this. I want this setting to stay at 10 minutes. How can I...
  7. Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".: I just installed the official release of Windows 10 on five PCs. On two of the five PCs, even though I have both the Screen Saver and Screen Timeout set to "Never", Windows 10 blanks the monitor after 1 minute of inactivity. I've checked every setting I can think of and...