Windows 10: Screen never turns off when idle

Discus and support Screen never turns off when idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZoltanE, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ZoltanE Win User

Screen never turns off when idle

I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever.
    I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE family controller) but none of them had power options or anything related to waking up the computer.
    Any advice on what should I try next?

:)

ZoltanE, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Checkoff Win User

Mic turns off when screen idle

"For Windows 8 and later, additional software is not required. "

is there any power saving Setting?

Checkoff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Mic turns off when screen idle

Hi,

Let's isolate the issue by downloading the latest drivers on this
    link

For your reference, you can also refer to the article below for troubleshooting webcam issues:

Troubleshooting: Webcams

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Jul 30, 2015
  4. ZoltanE Win User

I still haven't figured out what the problem is. I disabled all wake functionality in the network device, updated its driver, unplugged the BT dongle. Now an elevated "powercfg /requests" returns "none" for everything.

ZoltanE, Sep 16, 2015
  5. ZoltanE Win User
    As it turns out the Razer Hydra controller kept the system awake.

ZoltanE, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen never turns off when idle - Similar Threads - Screen never turns

2. turn off password request when screen in sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turn off password request when screen in sleep mode: have difficulty in having my pc start up when in sleep mode, screen for password does not appear so O'm thinking remove the password requirement when in sleep mode and just a keystroke or mouse movement to start, happy to leave password for initial start up …. any ideas/...
  3. BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use: Getting a "Video_Memory_Management_Internal" BSOD when my pc is idle. I ran the BSOD tool provided by your site and have realised that instead of switching itself off when idle as per my own energy settings the PC seems to be blue screening. I only noticed by "catching the pc...
  4. Laptop screen not turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen not turning off.: For some reason, the laptop that I had Windows 8.1 installed in last will not turn off after five or so minutes, like I had set it. This can be a huge drawback, because the laptop might be running on battery power and having the screen constantly on drains it. This usually...
  5. Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off: Hi guys. First off lemme start by praising the people who run and post on this board, it's an endless mine of informations and a never ending academy for learning all the tips and tricks of anything pc-related...so keep up the good work guys! Unfortunately I'm writing here...
  6. Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected: Hello, this is just a small question.. if this is possible to turn off? The reason is that if I restart my computer the main screen turns off, and gives me a delay when going on again because of it automatically turning off, and I want it to stay on as I always turn them off...
  7. ZeroCore not working (GPU not turning off when idle) on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ZeroCore not working (GPU not turning off when idle) on Windows 10: Basic info: OS: Windows 10 Pro (x64) GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X TOXIC (Factory OC) Drivers: 15.10 Beta (Latest) I have Sapphire Radeon R9 270X TOXIC graphics card in my system and everything has been running fine since I first put it in and installed Windows 8.1...
  8. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time: Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread. As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct terminology) when I go idle for a short period of time. For instance, I get up to get a glass of water and when I come back,...
  9. Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad: Hi there, I have an HP Elitepad 900. The problem I seem to have is when I press the power button to turn off the screen, the screen turns off but the backlight stays on. Any help would be appreciated :-) There is an image attached. 15230
  10. Laptop screen turns completely off when idle, forces me to restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen turns completely off when idle, forces me to restart.: These forums are my last hope for resolving this. I am well aware of the power options and familiar with settings - all of the applicable settings, including screen dimming, hard drive time before turning off, and the rest are all tuned to NOT turn off. I found out that the...