Screen never turns off when idle

Discus and support Screen never turns off when idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZoltanE, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ZoltanE Win User

I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever.
    I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE family controller) but none of them had power options or anything related to waking up the computer.
    Any advice on what should I try next?

:)

ZoltanE, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Checkoff Win User

Mic turns off when screen idle

"For Windows 8 and later, additional software is not required. "

is there any power saving Setting?

Checkoff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Mic turns off when screen idle

Hi,

Let's isolate the issue by downloading the latest drivers on this
    link

For your reference, you can also refer to the article below for troubleshooting webcam issues:

Troubleshooting: Webcams

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Jul 30, 2015
  4. ZoltanE Win User

I still haven't figured out what the problem is. I disabled all wake functionality in the network device, updated its driver, unplugged the BT dongle. Now an elevated "powercfg /requests" returns "none" for everything.

ZoltanE, Sep 16, 2015
  5. ZoltanE Win User
    As it turns out the Razer Hydra controller kept the system awake.

ZoltanE, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen never turns off when idle - Similar Threads - Screen never turns

2. Laptop wont update after switching off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop wont update after switching off.: So I was updating to Windows 10 1803, when my laptop ran out of charge, I didn't realize it wasn't plugged in. The error code is 0xc1900101, which means there has been a rollback. When I click Check for updates in Updates and Security, I just get error code 0x80096004. Help?...
  3. Screen display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....
  4. Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10: hi there i recently bought a pair of beats x which is a bluetooth connection. i connected it to a pc and its said music and voice connected. But when i started to listening to music it worked fine but when i tried to speak using discord the mic didnt work. i went to control...
  5. screen time issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen time issue: I have created a Microsoft family and my child plays using his own account with a limited screen time. However, Microsoft constantly sends numerous requests for more screen time at night when my child is asleep. I know that PC was powered on but nobody was at the computer....
  6. Xbox 360 (wired) not working, 1st and 4th light turn on for a second when plugging in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 (wired) not working, 1st and 4th light turn on for a second when plugging in...: - Using Windows 10 - Wired Xbox 360 Controller - Uninstalled drivers by showing hidden devices in Device Manager and removing the Xbox 360 one. - Did a restart, uninstalled / re-installed the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software" (which can be found here:...
  7. my lappy goes to aeroplane mode automatically and then mode goes off by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my lappy goes to aeroplane mode automatically and then mode goes off by itself: my lappy goes to aeroplane mode automatically and then mode goes off by itself. after that it goes on flickering from on to off by itself. and when it happens for 10-15 times, y pc restarts automatically....
  8. Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen: An automatic Win10 update downloaded to my laptop in the last couple of days, not sure exactly when, Aug. 12-14/18? It installed upon shutdown. When I next booted up, the installation proceeded, then when I logged in (to MS option) it showed a small box, Updating personal...
  9. Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen: So my computer works and then shuts off to blue screen. It has had multiple codes and they are as follows: IRQL_not_less_or_equal Kmode Bad Pool Header System Thread Exception not Handled I think my hard drive is failing but can anyone give me advice. If I need a new...
  10. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...