Windows 10: Screen never turns off when idle

Discus and support Screen never turns off when idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZoltanE, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ZoltanE Win User

Screen never turns off when idle

I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever.
    I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE family controller) but none of them had power options or anything related to waking up the computer.
    Any advice on what should I try next?

:)

ZoltanE, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Checkoff Win User

Mic turns off when screen idle

"For Windows 8 and later, additional software is not required. "

is there any power saving Setting?

Checkoff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Mic turns off when screen idle

Hi,

Let's isolate the issue by downloading the latest drivers on this
    link

For your reference, you can also refer to the article below for troubleshooting webcam issues:

Troubleshooting: Webcams

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Jul 30, 2015
  4. ZoltanE Win User

I still haven't figured out what the problem is. I disabled all wake functionality in the network device, updated its driver, unplugged the BT dongle. Now an elevated "powercfg /requests" returns "none" for everything.

ZoltanE, Sep 16, 2015
  5. ZoltanE Win User
    As it turns out the Razer Hydra controller kept the system awake.

ZoltanE, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen never turns off when idle - Similar Threads - Screen never turns

2. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  3. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  4. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  5. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  6. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  8. Windows 10 turns itself off when idle

Windows 10 turns itself off when idle: I have set every possible visible and invisible setting to NOT shut down when idle and yet Windows 10 is shutting down when idle after a few minutes. This is wasting a lot of time besides being a total nuisance.I have already looked up the thread where the same question has...
  9. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have try just about everything but I am still having the same issue as before. Microsoft does not help solve it....
  10. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Dear Microsoft support center, Since the computer downloaded one of your updates, I have been having issues with my laptop computer. The screen saver mode doesn’t work, and the screen remains on when it is on idle windows 10. I have tried step by step what Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen turns off when idle