Windows 10: Screen not coming back on after sleep

Discus and support Screen not coming back on after sleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by 3DPiper, Mar 25, 2021.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Screen not coming back on after sleep

Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep.
    I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot to get the screen back.
    How do I fix this?

:)

3DPiper, Mar 25, 2021

2. screen flashing coming out of sleep

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue you are facing. I will be glad to assist you.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check and install all the updates. I would also suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter by following these steps.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Mar 25, 2021
  4. AlHeline Win User

Screen Sleep

That only works until you reboot or power down. Then, it is back to the 15 minute setting. I am trying to kill screen sleep forever.

AlHeline, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen not coming back on after sleep - Similar Threads - Screen coming sleep

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode

Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode: Hello allMy new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode.With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and also tried system reboot using external USB drive. No joy till date.I have tried lot of troubleshooting options and...
  6. doesn't come back from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doesn't come back from sleep: I have a monitor a keyboard and a mouse connected to my laptop, I don't have space on my desk for both my laptop and monitor so I just use my monitor with the laptop closed but when It goes to sleep I cant used my keyboard or mouse to wake it up, I have to open the laptop...
  7. Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

Brightness not coming back after sleep mode: I recently updated the internal hard drive on my laptop that runs windows 10. Since then when the computer goes into sleep mode and I go to use it again, the screen is very dark and it will not brighten unless I turn it off and then back on. I have updated the Radeon driver...
  8. Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.: When I put my computer into sleep mode, it will shut down and a few seconds later will click on and wake back up without me initiating anything. It will stay running for a bit, go off into sleep mode, then a few seconds later will click and come back awake. I’m not sure if...
  9. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  10. Sleep Mode coming back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep Mode coming back on: I have a 5 year old desk computer with windows 10. I have a Brothers printer MFC-L2740DW, which is an all in one type printer, connected to the home network. If I put the computer on sleep mode in about 15 seconds the computer comes back on by itself. what happens is the...