Windows 10: Screen not displaying to monitor properly?

Discus and support Screen not displaying to monitor properly? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Monitor resolution: 1680 × 1050 Current Screen resolution: 1024 × 768 This happened after the monitor above stopped displaying *anything*, forcing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M_N_B, Feb 14, 2019.

1. M_N_B Win User

Screen not displaying to monitor properly?

Monitor resolution: 1680 × 1050

Current Screen resolution: 1024 × 768

This happened after the monitor above stopped displaying *anything*, forcing me to use an old 4:3 monitor to see the screen. Then I plugged the 16:10 monitor back in and it displayed properly on that screen. Finally, I unplugged the 4:3 to go back to the 16:10, only to find the screen stretched out.

It seems to think the 16:10 monitor is the 4:3 monitor?

To fix this, I have tried unplugging the monitor from the computer and the power strip for 30 seconds. That hasn't worked.

:)

M_N_B, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Feb 14, 2019
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

monitor display size

Hi Kathy,

This issue with monitor display can be caused by screen resolution problems.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Display.
    • Under Resolution, click on the drop-down menu and change the screen resolution.

Note: You can select the most recommended resolution (1920 x 1080) if applicable and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen not displaying to monitor properly? - Similar Threads - Screen displaying monitor

2. black screen display in monitor and CPU on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen display in monitor and CPU on: any expert know what happen? how to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-display-in-monitor-and-cpu-on/56ea332f-351b-458b-b2b2-2f3ad64fc237
  3. black screen display in monitor and CPU on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen display in monitor and CPU on: any expert know what happen? how to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-display-in-monitor-and-cpu-on/56ea332f-351b-458b-b2b2-2f3ad64fc237
  4. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  5. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  6. Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen: I was scrolling sideways to the left to see an image that went off the screen to the right. The curser caught the wallpaper and narrowed the display so it does not fill the monitor screen. I went to settings and choose the full screen recommended but got an error message....
  7. Secondary Monitor Not displaying black screen

Secondary Monitor Not displaying black screen: I have two monitors , both using Display port . The right one black screen is on and detected but isn't displaying anything , cursor disappears like it should but cannot see it or anything else . It is also in vertical orientation any clues to fixing it ?...
  8. my 6 monitor display isnt working properly

my 6 monitor display isnt working properly: I have a 6 monitor setup but currently 4 of the 6 monitor aren't getting a signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-6-monitor-display-isnt-working-properly/516d16b0-cc79-4483-ab6b-6bb3c6c430c1
  9. screen display on new 40" monitor

screen display on new 40" monitor: I recently began using a 40" tv as my monitor. While trying to find the best display settings, my screen display now has a 4" strip of black on either side of the display. How do I get the display to return to full screen?...
  10. Screen not fitting to monitor properly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly: Im a new windows 10 user and i just have this one problem ever since it was installed last night. The screen is a little bit too large on my monitor. Everything around the edges of the screen such as the windows button, the X button on web browser, back button etc is all...