Windows 10: Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder

Discus and support Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In windows 10 game recorder, when I record games, my games don't record in full screen, the capture appears in the top left corner and what's right of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by River1075, Nov 16, 2020.

1. River1075 Win User

Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder

In windows 10 game recorder, when I record games, my games don't record in full screen, the capture appears in the top left corner and what's right of the screen is black.

:)

River1075, Nov 16, 2020

2. screen recorder

Hi,

To resolve your concern about screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo found at the lower left hand corner of your desktop.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left hand side, click on Storage.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Scroll down, and click on Temporary files.
    • Click on Delete temporary files.
    • Restart your computer, and then try screen recorder again.

Regarding the Windows shortcut for your screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Open your Xbox application.
    • On the left hand side, click on the Settings icon.
    • Click on the Game DVR tab.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Recorder

Hi James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Which screen recorder are you referring to? Is it built-in Program Step Recorder or is it and other app which you have download from Windows Store?

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder

Where to find Windows 10 Screen recorder

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say Screen recorder are you referring to Problem Step recorder?

Steps Recorder is a feature which can automatically capture the steps you take on the computer. It also creates a text description of where you clicked and
    the screen shot during each click. To get more information about the Step recorder feature please check the steps below.

How to open and use Steps Recorder:

• In the search bar type Step recorder and click on it.
    • At the right side of steps recorder, click on the
      dropdown arrow.
    • Choose Settings to continue.
    • Under settings Name the file and specify
      saved location.
    • In the Steps Recorder Settings dialog box, click Browse button.
    • Name output file, choose file type (e.g
      ZIP Files
      or XML Files), specify saved location and click
      Save.
    • After making the above changes Enable Screen Capture option by selecting
      “YES”.
    • Set number of screen captures and click on OK. (By default the number of screen capture is set to 25.)
    • You can use the features of step recording like Start Record, Pause Record, Resume Record, Add Comment
      and Stop Record while using the step recorder.
    • Later you can check for the output of the file that you have worked on.

Note: You will not be able to create short videos of the screen recording using this application.

For reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/How-do-I-use-Problem-Steps-Recorder

Additional Information: The article below is for windows 7 but it also holds good for windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly contact us back if you need further assistance using your Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder

1. Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder - Similar Threads - Screen filling built

2. Built in screen recorder audio not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in screen recorder audio not working: I'm trying to screen record a presentation on Google Slides using the built-in screen recorder but it's not recording the audio. It's completely mute....
  3. display not filling screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display not filling screen.: I recently downgraded to a Radeon 5770 and the display does not fill the monitor. I've tried downloading the drivers and changing my resolution but it still doesn't change anything please help...
  4. windows screen recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows screen recorder: when i try to record a roblox game it says "this game doesnt allow recordings"but my cousin can screen record https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-screen-recorder/e671b9f7-63f0-4e3e-ab8e-bb928635a3df
  5. I need a free screen recorder that can record part of the screen like the built in one in mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need a free screen recorder that can record part of the screen like the built in one in mac: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stunning_Kangaroo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h825h9/i_need_a_free_screen_recorder_that_can_record/
  6. Windows screen recorder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screen recorder: The xbox screen recorder in windows 10 has always worked fine for me, but now when I try to record it won't actually let me interact with the program it's recording. For example, I just tried to record photoshop and it didn't let me edit the photo I was recording. Pls help??...
  7. Problem using the built-in screen recorder.

Problem using the built-in screen recorder.: Hey all, I've been using the built-in screen recorder (WINKEY+Alt+R) to capture footage for a school project. However, half the time, there is no audio in the clip. This forces me to recapture the footage with the hope that the audio will work that time. Y'all got any fix for...
  8. Problems recording audio with the built-in screen recorder.

Problems recording audio with the built-in screen recorder.: Hey all, I've been using the built-in screen recorder (WINKEY+Alt+R) to capture footage for a project. However, half the time, there is no audio in the clip. This forces me to recapture the footage with the hope that the audio will work that time. Y'all got any fix for this?...
  9. In built screen recorder not recording audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In built screen recorder not recording audio: The in built screen recorder is not recording audio, however when i have my earphones in i can hear some audio however it is really glitchy and broken, without my earphones in there is not sound at all. I have troubleshooted the audio recording but there were no problems...
  10. Win 10 built in screen recorder.

Win 10 built in screen recorder.: If I am recording a game and switch over to discord will the record stop automatically? If so, how can I prevent it? submitted by /u/padster029 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e04s5i/win_10_built_in_screen_recorder/