Windows 10: Screen not opening, auto repair failed, re install failed, repeated restarts

Discus and support Screen not opening, auto repair failed, re install failed, repeated restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. So I own a Lenovo IdeaPad S540. I had put it on sleep, and when I came back to work with it, it had shut down. Next when I tried to start it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GhoulDude, Feb 14, 2021.

1. GhoulDude Win User

Screen not opening, auto repair failed, re install failed, repeated restarts

Hello. So I own a Lenovo IdeaPad S540.

I had put it on sleep, and when I came back to work with it, it had shut down. Next when I tried to start it up, it shows the lenovo logo, and then black screen. I googled it and suggestions were to use the auto repair which pops up after restarting thrice. I tried it but to no avail. I have important data on it, so I cant do a clean sweep. But I did do the reset with saving my data. It uninstalled windows 10 and when it was installing it again, it randomly shut down again. Now when I try to turn it up, it switches on and off, but its always at a black screen. Please help.

:)

GhoulDude, Feb 14, 2021
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Feb 14, 2021
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 14, 2021
  4. MikeTinVA Win User

KB3206632 fails to install daily

Oooops. My mistake. I did try to manually install the x86 version.

I have now downloaded and attempted to manually install the correct x64 version. Same result as the auto install: After the required restart, the update "undoes" the changes and leaves me as before: "Update KB3206632 failed to install". (BTW, I did a
    SFC /scannow run before this attempt (no corruptions found), and I did a Control Panel/Troubleshoot/Windows Updates before this attempt...which brought down some corrections/adjustments for WU.)

Also, FYI, a couple of strange things happen during this process:

• As the restart process is proceeding, I end up at a dead end on a strange Boot Menu screen showing only two options for booting: DVD and PCI LAN... my hard drive is not listed?? Very strange. I just poke the power button and start over, and it boots
      up OK the second time.
    • When it finally gets to the Lock Screen, I enter my PIN. The dots cycle a bit and it takes me back to the same lock screen. I reenter my PIN, then it finally opens Windows OK.
    Finally, maybe another clue: I noticed in Windows Update History that another update was continuously trying to install some weeks back: KB3201845. It failed 5 times on successive days, then it ceased trying to install. I attempted to install this one
    manually, but it failed in the same fashion as KB3206632: It "undid" changes during the end of the restart cycle.

Suggestions for next steps?

Thx, Mike T in VA

MikeTinVA, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen not opening, auto repair failed, re install failed, repeated restarts - Similar Threads - Screen opening auto

2. Many auto installed apps fail to stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many auto installed apps fail to stay open: Example whenever i open snip and sketch or films and tv it stays open for a second then just closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-auto-installed-apps-fail-to-stay-open/fdf9b8dd-4f4c-4007-ae72-9bcf1f51ea0a
  3. Many auto installed apps fail to stay open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many auto installed apps fail to stay open: Example whenever i open snip and sketch or films and tv it stays open for a second then just closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-auto-installed-apps-fail-to-stay-open/fdf9b8dd-4f4c-4007-ae72-9bcf1f51ea0a
  4. Many auto installed apps fail to stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows failed to restart, failed to repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows failed to restart, failed to repair: I tried to update my windows drivers manually, and it required a restart. But after the restart windows failed to open and showed a black repairing logo screen. Then it booted in blue screen and showed some options. I tried to reset it a couple of times, and after that the...
  6. Microsoft Store Download Failing and Then Repeating Failing After Click Repair.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Failing and Then Repeating Failing After Click Repair.: I've had this issue on my other computer where I downloaded a game (Sea Of Thieves) and then it failed and said Repair, so I would download it again and it would say the exact same thing. This has been happening for 2-3 months only for sea of thieves. There is a weird file...
  7. 1809 fails repeatedly to install

1809 fails repeatedly to install: 1809 repeatedly fails to install. It installed on my desktop, but fails on my laptop. This has happened every two weeks or so since the beginning of 2019. I have tried the Windows 10 update assistant, same result. I am OK with skipping this update, is it OK to wait for 1903?...
  8. repeat fail

repeat fail: 0x800703e3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repeat-fail/2a3a55bd-2b52-4c84-a95b-14d60522eb75
  9. W10 install repeatedly failing

W10 install repeatedly failing: Hi guys, new year new problems :/ I'll try not to ramble... I installed W10 on a relatively old custom build that I gave to my parents, aside from it taking forever to install all was working pretty well for a few months. Then it wouldn't boot and the HDD (even though...
  10. windows 10 won't start; auto repair fails, reboots and repeats

windows 10 won't start; auto repair fails, reboots and repeats: I've run dickpart and see the drives, in a command prompt I see the all of my data. I've run chkdsk with no errors, I've run scf no errors. I pulled the drive from the laptop and attached it to another PC. Disk Manager says the drive is not initiated. Don't want to lose...