Windows 10: Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on

Discus and support Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been hesitant to post about this for some time as I thought it was just an isolated incident, but this has been happening for some time now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steviebabs2685, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on

I've been hesitant to post about this for some time as I thought it was just an isolated incident, but this has been happening for some time now (several months). I thought it would correct itself after updating Windows or restarting my PC, but it has not. I set the screen to shut off after 25 min. I then tried a lower setting (10 min) to see if that would solve the problem. It did not. What can I do now to fix this?

Steve

:)

Steviebabs2685, Apr 18, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Ender Win User

Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on

1. Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on - Similar Threads - Screen shutting off

2. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  3. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  4. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Screen shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  7. Laptop shuts off while doing screen recording.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts off while doing screen recording.: Shuts off whenever left unattended. W 10 2004 19041.508 Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz65 C Clarksfield 45nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-19) Motherboard TOSHIBA NWQAA (CPU) Graphics Generic PnP Monitor...
  8. Display screen will not shut off at designated time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display screen will not shut off at designated time: It doesn't matter what time I change it to, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, the display monitor won't turn off. I'm guessing it is one of the recent Windows 10 updates since this is a recent problem. Any help will be appreciated, It's getting old turning off...
  9. Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works: I've always shut off screen locking, hibernation, screen saver, and sleep. For as many years as these features have existed, I've turned them off. Around a month ago I started finding my screens blank upon returning to my system after a half hour or so. A click of the...
  10. How shut off screen while programs run in background?

in Windows 10 Support
    How shut off screen while programs run in background?: Folks, I've got a new build. I use it to run a security camera program, Blue Iris. It runs Blue Iris 24/7. What I'd like is for the screen to go blank 30 minutes after the last mouse or keyboard input. How do I do this? Setting power plan does not work, since the...