Windows 10: Screen not turning off after latest update

Discus and support Screen not turning off after latest update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, 2 days ago Windows rolled a big update on my pc, after this update my screens wont turn off after a few minutes inactivity. I have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ossiwozzy, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Ossiwozzy Win User

Screen not turning off after latest update

Hello,

2 days ago Windows rolled a big update on my pc, after this update my screens wont turn off after a few minutes inactivity.

I have checked the energy management setting, and have it setup so that the screens turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity.

while testing i changed the setting to 1 minute, and it still didn't turn off after the specified time.

My screens don't have a on/off button so i wont be able to use this to turn off my screens, so not able to automatically turn off the screens after some inactivity really is a problem.

Any help apreciated,

With regards,

Ossi

:)

Ossiwozzy, Oct 13, 2020

2. Unable to turn off and on touchpad after the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing turning off touchpad on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• what is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Black Screen During Driver Update Screen not turning off after latest update :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Screen not turning off after latest update

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Screen not turning off after latest update

1. Screen not turning off after latest update - Similar Threads - Screen turning off

2. Cannot turn computer on after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn computer on after latest update: I cannot turn computer on after latest update. It shut down immediately after 100% update and then I can't turn the computer on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-computer-on-after-latest-update/67d79119-ad9b-4c61-bc28-8255891a86d7
  3. Screen doesn´t turn off when Notebook is closed after latest Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen doesn´t turn off when Notebook is closed after latest Windows 11 Update: Hello there,I am using the Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro which is a notebook/tablet convertible.The latest Windows Update seemed to change how the "tablet-mode" works, and now everytime I close my notebook it seems to engage the "tablet-mode" instead of turning the screen off and...
  4. Screen doesn´t turn off when Notebook is closed after latest Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen doesn´t turn off when Notebook is closed after latest Windows 11 Update: Hello there,I am using the Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro which is a notebook/tablet convertible.The latest Windows Update seemed to change how the "tablet-mode" works, and now everytime I close my notebook it seems to engage the "tablet-mode" instead of turning the screen off and...
  5. Snap assist will not turn off after latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap assist will not turn off after latest update: I have always had snap assist turned off. With the latest update snap assist was turned on by default. I have tried turning it off in the 'Multitasking' area of settings but despite everything being turned off every time I try to re-position a window, a large yellow box...
  6. Random screen turn off in Windows 10 after the latest update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random screen turn off in Windows 10 after the latest update.: I have been facing a problem in my Windows 10 where the screen randomly turns off and turns on after a few minutes. Sometimes it happens too often and sometimes not at all. This is not due to result of any changes made in the power settings as it happened before making any...
  7. Latest Win10 updates turned on MouseKey and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Win10 updates turned on MouseKey and I can't turn it off: So latest updates (3-4 updates for 1909) which I just applied turned on this MouseKey feature, where the cursor keys also always move the mouse cursor. Trying to turn it off, either from the hotkey or from the control panel has no effect. This affects all use of the cursor...
  8. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  9. Can't turn off airplane mode on Windows 10 after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't turn off airplane mode on Windows 10 after latest update: Hello, a while ago I downloaded latest Windows 10 update (that big one Microsoft says that it takes about 90 minutes to complete) and after my PC turned back on I couldn't turn on Wi-Fi and turn off airplane mode. That airplane mode button is weirdly grayed out as you can see...
  10. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...