Windows 10: Screen not turning off

Discus and support Screen not turning off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My screen is supposed to turn off after 4 minutes, but it is not; just started doing this tonight. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by srhSH, Mar 4, 2019.

1. srhSH Win User

Screen not turning off

My screen is supposed to turn off after 4 minutes, but it is not; just started doing this tonight. Why?

:)

srhSH, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 4, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Screen not turning off

how do I turn off full screen in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Start Screen in windows 10?
    If you’re referring to Start screen in windows 10, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings.

• Select personalization.

• Select Start from the left panel of the window.

• Turn off Use Start Full Screen and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Screen not turning off

1. Screen not turning off - Similar Threads - Screen turning off

2. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  3. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  4. Screen turning off for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turning off for no reason: Whenever I go on a google meet call I don't know if it is limited to meet calls but that is when I see it happen, which is often, for school and hanging out with long-distance friends, every once in a while my entire screen will go black for a second then turn on again into...
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. Screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen not turning off: When my computer is actively doing something like playing a video the screen inactivity thing in secpol doesn't work. how do I fix this. submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l85p8m/screen_not_turning_off/
  7. Screen Turning Off

Screen Turning Off: Just got a Dell Precision 5750 with Windows 10 Pro. Just one problem. Every time I walk away from the PC and come back the screens are inactive. I can simply move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard and everything comes back up but this is driving me nuts. It's like it...
  8. Turn Off Screen

Turn Off Screen: it's been a month i switched from mac to windows. so far, so good, but i cannot find the equivalent of ctrl+shift+eject to turn off my screen. any ideas? submitted by /u/rboecker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jt0d4f/turn_off_screen/
  9. Screen saver turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver turning off: This is really confusing me. So, for some reason, my screen saver keeps turning itself off. As in, it sets itself to "none." then I have to set it back up. It seems to do this randomly. Anyone have any advice?...
  10. Laptop screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen not turning off: Hi, i have a problem with turning my screen off. I have a button for screen off on the computer and it does nothing. I can normally change the brightness of the screen, and use other buttons, just the f7 for turning screen off is not working. For now, i changed the function...