Windows 10: Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

Discus and support Screen not turning on after a screen timeout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So in my laptop, in the power and sleep settings, I have set the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a number of times I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Abhishek G.S., Jun 12, 2021.

1. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

So in my laptop, in the power and sleep settings, I have set the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a number of times I have faced this situation where the screen does not turn back on when I hit any keys on the keyboard. After a long wait, I have to force shut down the laptop by pressing the power button and then power it on again. This obviously is not good.I just went through my pc and I suspected this process called dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager which uses an absurd amount of memoryabout 3 gigs at times. I was tired of reading scan for malware and disable visual

:)

Abhishek G.S., Jun 12, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

Lock screen and timeout not needed for desktop!

I notice that the tablet/phone lock screen is still appearing for Desktop/Laptop installs and wonder why.

Previously when I enable turning off the lock screen in gpedit.msc it turns off the lock screen timeout too. But on the latest build I still get a much sooner timeout to my MS password than what I have set in Power Options.

How do I turn off the supposed Lock Screen timeout when I don't have a lock screen? This is annoying, and surely will annoy MS' billion+ desktop customers who don't need a phone or tablet lockscreen or timeout on their desktop/laptop which already has familar timeouts to password in Power Options.

gregrocker, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

1. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout - Similar Threads - Screen turning screen

2. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  3. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  4. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Require Password after Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Password after Screen Timeout: Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter...
  6. Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen timeout: my screen times out in 1 minute? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/09d0bb22-1a16-4f0b-b02d-0960081325c9
  7. screen timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    screen timeout: My screen timeout happens too fast- and then requires my windows password to reopen. how do I change this so no password is required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/8121f633-242a-4b58-a4bc-d0a9987014da
  8. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  9. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day...
  10. Keyboard control to turn screen back on after timeout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard control to turn screen back on after timeout?: Tuning an HP All-In-One pc with wired keyboard. In Power Settings I can't see any choice of a key to resurrect the display after a timeout. I'd like to set it to spacebar. Or maybe Enter. Anyone know what the default key should be? BTW, the HP guide is useless. It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen wont turn on after screen time out in windows 10