Windows 10: Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

Discus and support Screen Not Turning On After Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a problem where sometimes my computer will not wake up after it goes to sleep. It's very frustrating because no matter what buttons I press, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BrendanBrowne, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

I have a problem where sometimes my computer will not wake up after it goes to sleep. It's very frustrating because no matter what buttons I press, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and power it up again, which closes all the work I was doing. Sometimes it wakes up as normal when I open the laptop or move the mouse when I'm at home using my separate monitor and keyboard.

I have my settings at "Do Nothing" when the laptop lid closes and it's plugged in. Also, I can tell by the lights on the outside of my computer that the computer is still on like normal, but it's just that the screen won't come on. Please help.

:)

BrendanBrowne, Feb 25, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

4. Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Dear EK, Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried to update the display drivers by following your instruction but I still encountered the same problem "not screen is still black, not turn on after sleep". Looking for more assistance on this matter.

Thema:

Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

1. Screen Not Turning On After Sleep - Similar Threads - Screen Turning Sleep

2. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 23H2, and received the KB4023057 along with it.After getting the updates, the laptop does not resume correctly from sleep: the keyboard backlight and caps LED works correctly, but the display does not turn on.Computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad...
  3. Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen does not turn on after sleep, after installing Win11 23H2: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 23H2, and received the KB4023057 along with it.After getting the updates, the laptop does not resume correctly from sleep: the keyboard backlight and caps LED works correctly, but the display does not turn on.Computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad...
  4. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  5. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  6. Monitor not turning on after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor not turning on after sleep: Hey, I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging. Not working. I also cannot shut down my pc. I use a LG monitor. What can I do? Thanks, Luc...
  7. Screen won't turn on after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen won't turn on after sleep: This problem has been around for quite sometime now, don't know when exactly it started. But whenever the laptop goes to sleep, then I press any button to wake it up, only the little led at the bottom turn on, but the screen stays black. What can I try to fix it? Thanks 169012
  8. Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off

Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off: Hello everyone My laptop screen goes off after 2 minutes as set, and when I move the mouse my screen relights up but is glitched. If I minimize all programs it rectifies it and everything is back to normal. It happens on any open file/program but not to the task bar or...
  9. Laptop screen black after turning on from Sleep

Laptop screen black after turning on from Sleep: Whenever I wake up my laptop from going into sleep mode, the screen just stays black. The fans turn on when I press the enter button to wake it, but the screen still stays black. Then I have to hold down the power button to force power it off, then turn it back on again....
  10. Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode

Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode: Hi, my name is Andres Morales, and I have a laptop of MSI called GL62M 7REX. Which have an Intel I5 of 7th generation, Nvidia GTX1050 TI,... Two days ago I install a new SDD because the laptop only had an HDD of 1TB, and I decided to buy an chinese SSD of 120 GB. Then I...