Windows 10: screen not waking up dwm and lockapp hangs in event log

Discus and support screen not waking up dwm and lockapp hangs in event log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had my wake app not working on this machine for a month plus? This issue is discussed on this forum and other websites for longer than that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tim12416, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Tim12416 Win User

screen not waking up dwm and lockapp hangs in event log

I have had my wake app not working on this machine for a month plus? This issue is discussed on this forum and other websites for longer than that.

Most are thread locked without resolution.

Is there anyone at microsoft listening? does support exist anymore? when a critical problem occurs how does one even registered it with microsoft?

Cannot roll back updates, and yes recent update back included dwm.exe

With enough hard starts corruption can ok which a one time sfc /scannow fixed. Reports all clear now.

With the same peripherals wake up works on 3 other pc's, it is just my main most updated pc. I could rebuild but various stories suggest it is not a fix it is just how it does not work now.

screen not waking up dwm and lockapp hangs in event log 2ab41d34-ebde-4979-8c5d-6fd91f0584ec?upload=true.png

:)

Tim12416, Jan 25, 2021
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 25, 2021
  3. I have some issue with the power in my computer as the Computer Wakes Up Automatically. Please help.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

If it still does not help, I suggest you to look for the events which caused the computer to wake up in the Event viewer.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Kindly let us know the results and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

screen saver

Hi Kenneth,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your Screen Saver concern. Kindly answer the following:

• How did you disable wake up password?
    • Are you seeing the log-in screen when waking up the computer from sleep?
    • How did you set up the Screen Saver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you did it.

Argel Obm, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. screen not waking up dwm and lockapp hangs in event log - Similar Threads - screen waking dwm

2. Event log and blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log and blue screen: Hello, I have a Dell G15 5520 and I've been experiencing occasional blue screens for months. I would like to know if anyone can analyze the event log and give me any clues or solutions, thank...
  3. Event log and blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event log and blue screen: Hello, I have a Dell G15 5520 and I've been experiencing occasional blue screens for months. I would like to know if anyone can analyze the event log and give me any clues or solutions, thank...
  4. windows 10 sleep mode and wake up all program closed and this is event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 sleep mode and wake up all program closed and this is event log: not posting dump file for privacy reason.-System -Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID41Version8Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000400000000002-TimeCreated[...
  5. windows 10 sleep mode and wake up all program closed and this is event log

windows 10 sleep mode and wake up all program closed and this is event log: not posting dump file for privacy reason.-System -Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID41Version8Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000400000000002-TimeCreated[...
  6. windows 10 sleep mode and wake up all program closed and this is event log

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Event logs spike up constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event logs spike up constantly: On a windows 10 laptop, the event logs are consuming around 20% CPU constantly. Even when they are cleared , it starts building up the logs again. This is also when a windows 10 update is due to be installed. submitted by /u/itisok4me [link] [comments]...
  8. DWM 'exiting' on wake up - causes hard reset. Advice please

DWM 'exiting' on wake up - causes hard reset. Advice please: Hey chaps, I've run into an issue with the Desktop Windows Manager - in short it very occasionally crashes out when I wake from sleep, which stops the monitor going on, and forces me into a hard reset via the login screen (two users - can't navigate in the dark). I did...
  9. Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up": Hi I use the Win10 built-in photo screensaver. If I try "wake up" my PC (ie. click on keyboard or move /click mouse), the computer seems to hang (or is slow) to exit the screensaver mode. I do use a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. Has anyone experienced...
  10. Screen Hang up

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Hang up: I use msn.com as my home page with a fav's bar. The past few days when I move from msn to a fav and after 5 min try to return to msn my screen freezes, something like it times out. How can I correct this ????? Thanks 66159