Windows 10: Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10

Discus and support Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]At times it has been reported that the monitor displays distortion, images appear wavy with horizontal lines, and videos showing frames at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 10, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10

Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10 Screen-artefacts.jpg
    At times it has been reported that the monitor displays distortion, images appear wavy with horizontal lines, and videos showing frames at incorrect positions. It happens because of the wrong monitor refresh rate where the display driver is not able to put the frames on the screen properly. Then there are hardware limitation issues known […]

This article Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jun 10, 2021
  3. hgp123 Win User
    Graphical artifacting/distortion

Hi all,

Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples:

Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10 [​IMG]

As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome had some issues as well but those appear to have been fixed by disabling hardware acceleration. The only thing that has changed recently is a Windows update. I'm currently running Win10 1909 but the hardware is pretty old.

I've run the Windows memory diagnostic and a GPU diagnostic. Neither turned up any failures. I've run DISM/sfc and sfc doesn't find anything.

Any ideas on a fix?

hgp123, Jun 10, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

What causes these odd font artifacts around numbers

The artifacts you are seeing appear only with numbers, but that's a red herring. It's a screen artifact like any other screen artifact that sometimes affects a monitor. The problem is that these artifacts have a million causes, give or take.

Presuming that you have a graphics driver that is supported on Windows 10, and that you have already tried restarting your computer, here are some fixes that have worked for others:

• Refresh the screen (press F5.) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times.
    • Turn off ClearType.
    • Open Task Manager and End Task on Windows Explorer. That forces the Windows shell to restart.

BulldogXX, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen or images showing Artifacts or Distortion in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen images showing

2. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  3. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  4. Screen Artifacts and Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Artifacts and Crashing: The problem: Screen artifacts occur randomly. Artifacts usually get worse before my screen freezes, blacks out, and comes back on. This repeats until it crashes. Once, I got a blue screen with the error code "Memory Management". Details: I have two monitors and they are...
  5. Screen Artifacts and Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Artifacts and Crashing: The problem: Screen artifacts occur randomly. Artifacts usually get worse before my screen freezes, blacks out, and comes back on. This repeats until it crashes. Once, I got a blue screen with the error code "Memory Management". Details: I have two monitors and they are...
  6. Screen Artifacts and Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows screen distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screen distorted: After several hours of using my laptop, the screen goes black for 5-10 seconds and then the windows screen starts moving right and left quickly. I dont know how to describe it but I have attached a youtube video of how the whole screen behaves. I have to restart my computer...
  8. Graphical artifacting/distortion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphical artifacting/distortion: Hi all, Since yesterday my computer has started having graphical issues. Here are some examples: [img] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome had some issues as well but those appear to have...
  9. Graphical artifacting/distortion

Graphical artifacting/distortion: Since yesterday my computer has been having graphics issues. Here's an example: [IMG] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome also had some issues initially but those appear to have been fixed...
  10. Weird artifacts on screen

Weird artifacts on screen: Today i changed my processor old one is pentium g630 new one is i5 3470 . Inastalation went perfectly and BIOS worked as well , but when i booted into windows there was incompatibility with my screen it said "unsupported sceen resolution pls change to 1080p 60@Hz " i...