Windows 10: Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light

Discus and support Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I did some research on this site but couldn't find an answer to my question. I have two desktop logins to my Dell XPS 9550 -- two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rishik12, Mar 7, 2021.

1. rishik12 Win User

Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light

Hi Everyone,

I did some research on this site but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I have two desktop logins to my Dell XPS 9550 -- two users. Logging in one produces a nice, normal laptop screen. Logging in the other produces an orange laptop screen. It's not night light -- night light is off. If I turn on night light, the screen becomes even more orange.

All drivers are fully updated, Windows 10 pro is fully updated. Very clean build with no extra software really. Virus scans show nothing. Well-kept machine with no obvious physical problems.

The only other bizarre behavior is when I close the laptop lid, the instruction is "sleep" in the control panels. But when I come back, the battery might be drained as if the computer were on. I could make a separate post about this.

Anyway, back to the orange -- because the computer works fine in the other login, I figure this is some kind of software issue, but poking around has not helped me.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance,

Rishi

:)

rishik12, Mar 7, 2021

2. Night Light

Does anyone know how to turn off night light? when I try it says its off but my screen is orange.

HannahPheasant, Mar 7, 2021
  3. No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Mar 7, 2021
  4. dpb5 Win User

Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off

Basically, problem is:

1. Screen display is neutral pre-login
    2. Login and after 15-30 seconds, screen shifts to red, like night light is on
    3. night light is off in the settings, turning it on can make it even more red
    4. turning night light off again removes the extra color temp but not getting rid of it all the way

I've followed a number of posts on this issue, updating windows, turning off night shift, turning back on, checking that no monitor color profiles are turned on, etc. What I have found after experimentation though is that creating a new user on the computer
    and loging in as that user does not show the red shift problem, which points to something in my profile.

What I can't figure out is what is that something?

Does anyone have suggestions on fixing a broken profile or resetting the setting that controls this?

Thanks!

Reference Post, which was a different problem, but where the 'new user' suggestion was given:

Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

dpb5, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light - Similar Threads - Screen Orange login

2. Taskbar orange light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar orange light: I got a problem about orange shining. It used to shine when I get notification in the app, and after opening the app this orange light used to disappear. But now even if I open app and check the notification, it keeps shining orange until I close the app. How I can fix it?...
  3. night light in full screen

night light in full screen: I have a problem with the night light, it is activated and when an application is opened in full screen it is deactivated, I am using version 1709 of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-in-full-screen/236ca56f-dd78-4e0b-bcd2-e2bef3a4f1f9
  4. Night Light

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light: Hi, I use f.lux to control the blue light filter, as I started using it before Creator's Update. I wanted to know if Windows 10's Night Light can adapt the intensity of the filter depending on the time. f.lux is crescendo throughout the night warming colors and so,...
  5. night light

night light: my nightlight quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light/3c875bcd-a76f-46ac-aec3-83ee7302f284
  6. Night light

Night light: night light turns on automatically when I turn my screen on after sometime of inactivity. It has been happening since I updated windows 10 to version 1903. I can't turn it off unless I restart my computer. How can I fix this?...
  7. Night Light not working on one account

Night Light not working on one account: Hello there, I'm having an issue where Windows Night Light is not working on my main account, but if I create any other user account, night light works within those accounts. When I say "not working," I mean I can toggle the button on and off, but nothing actually...
  8. No Night Light

No Night Light: I do not have the Night Light feature although I believe that I have my Windows updated to the latest version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-night-light/897c6f1c-5d8a-449f-acec-5617643d4765
  9. Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen: I have two screens that are extended but setting the night light feature on seems to be applied to one screen. I have tried disabling one of the Display Adaptors in my Device Manager and also trying to update DisplayLink in REGEDIT ---> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---> SOFTWARE but to...
  10. night light screen not working

night light screen not working: night light screen not working windows 10 version Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 [ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access ]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. orange tint windows 10 night light off