Screen Orientation Issue

Discus and support Screen Orientation Issue in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I've got an issue with the automatic screen orientation on my laptop. It's a 2-in-1 Asus Transformerbook TP500LA. It works fine either way in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GayDalek, Jul 31, 2015.

1. GayDalek Win User

I've got an issue with the automatic screen orientation on my laptop. It's a 2-in-1 Asus Transformerbook TP500LA. It works fine either way in landscape, but portrait mode is always reversed. That is, when I turn my laptop so that the right side is on the bottom, the screen shifts to having the left side on the bottom and vice-versa. Is there some way to go in and manually change the rotation settings? This only started once I upgraded to Windows 10, so I think it might be a driver issue.

:)

GayDalek, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Alli-WanIs Not my Real Name Win User

Screen Orientation Issues

How do I permanantly disable the "feature" that keeps randomly changing the orientation of my screen? I can understand why this might be nice if I had a tablet, but with a laptop it is very frustrating to have the screen change in response to some unknown
    motion I am making on the touchpad, and then have to spend upwards of 10 minutes trying to get to the display screen while the mouse movements are also rotated around.

I have tried putting the system into "laptop" mode, only to have it happen over and over again. I have looked for solutions to this problem, only to be told how to 'reset' the orientation, but never how to just make it stop happening. It shouldn't be this
    difficult to turn off a 'feature' that only serves to make life more difficult.

Alli-WanIs Not my Real Name, Jul 31, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Screen Orientation Issues

There was a registry fix that can disable the Auto Rotation, I think it still works:

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit enter, to open the Registry Editor

Navigate to this Key in the left pane

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

In the right pane if there is no value named SensorPresent

Right click and create a new 32bit DWORD, name it SensorPresent

Set its value to 0

Restart your System

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Screen Orientation Issue

Screen Orientation Issue - Similar Threads - Screen Orientation Issue

1. Windows 10 black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen: Hi All, For the past couple of days my computer is having some issues. Mainly there is no display in the monitor. The system would be working perfectly then all of a sudden the screen would go black, I could still hear the CPU running. I checked the net and there were many...
  2. Screen too small for my software app

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too small for my software app: View attachment 8888 I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 10. The main work I do on my laptop is compiling cricket statistics and I have a program called CStatz that does this for me. I have an issue however as I cannot get to a button at the very bottom of the program...
  3. Screen scanner software

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen scanner software: Hello all . I'm wondering if there is an application software which continuously scan/search screen for some image patterns which user input to the software and in case of match call another application or script or program
  4. Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??

in Windows 10 Support
    Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??: Ok, so I just recently upgraded my computer, including a new monitor. My old CRT monitor never gave me any problems and the screen always fit just fine. My new flatscreen 22" doesn't seem to fit the image on it very well. It's like the image is too large and bleeds off the...
  5. How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?: I have a RCA W101 V2 tablet that comes with a docking keyboard. If I undock, then redock, it always switches to portrait mode. I manually set the orientation to landscape when it is in docked mode, and it will stay like that until I undock the keyboard. Then autorotation...
  6. Boot Screen orientations sideways.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Screen orientations sideways.: Hey, When my laptop is in the boot screen, the orientation of it is sideways. Heres a picture showing what it looks like. (Its an edited picture in Paint.net) [img] Is this fixable? 58387
  7. Windows broken on tablets after screen orientation change

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows broken on tablets after screen orientation change: This happens in tablet and non tablet mode. 1. Open some metro app in fullscreen mode having tablet in horizontal mode 2. turn tablet around by 90° 3. open for example Edge, now Edge is bugged and edges have 5px border In tablet mode this results in more problems like...
Screen Orientation Issue solved