Windows 10: Screen Orientation Issue

Discus and support Screen Orientation Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got an issue with the automatic screen orientation on my laptop. It's a 2-in-1 Asus Transformerbook TP500LA. It works fine either way in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GayDalek, Jul 31, 2015.

1. GayDalek Win User

Screen Orientation Issue

I've got an issue with the automatic screen orientation on my laptop. It's a 2-in-1 Asus Transformerbook TP500LA. It works fine either way in landscape, but portrait mode is always reversed. That is, when I turn my laptop so that the right side is on the bottom, the screen shifts to having the left side on the bottom and vice-versa. Is there some way to go in and manually change the rotation settings? This only started once I upgraded to Windows 10, so I think it might be a driver issue.

:)

GayDalek, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Alli-WanIs Not my Real Name Win User

Screen Orientation Issues

How do I permanantly disable the "feature" that keeps randomly changing the orientation of my screen? I can understand why this might be nice if I had a tablet, but with a laptop it is very frustrating to have the screen change in response to some unknown
    motion I am making on the touchpad, and then have to spend upwards of 10 minutes trying to get to the display screen while the mouse movements are also rotated around.

I have tried putting the system into "laptop" mode, only to have it happen over and over again. I have looked for solutions to this problem, only to be told how to 'reset' the orientation, but never how to just make it stop happening. It shouldn't be this
    difficult to turn off a 'feature' that only serves to make life more difficult.

Alli-WanIs Not my Real Name, Jul 31, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Screen Orientation Issues

There was a registry fix that can disable the Auto Rotation, I think it still works:

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit enter, to open the Registry Editor

Navigate to this Key in the left pane

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

In the right pane if there is no value named SensorPresent

Right click and create a new 32bit DWORD, name it SensorPresent

Set its value to 0

Restart your System

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Screen Orientation Issue

1. Screen Orientation Issue - Similar Threads - Screen Orientation Issue

2. screen time issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen time issue: I have created a Microsoft family and my child plays using his own account with a limited screen time. However, Microsoft constantly sends numerous requests for more screen time at night when my child is asleep. I know that PC was powered on but nobody was at the computer....
  3. [Trick] How to use two wallpapers in different orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Trick] How to use two wallpapers in different orientation: Hello. I give trick how to use different wallpapers in different display orientation. And give some info for future. Do it at your own risk! Experimental: Wallpaper trick (screen orientation) - Windows 10 Forums Prelude: Microsoft maked "Hero" wallpaper for multi...
  4. IE11 default orientation of menus

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 default orientation of menus: Hi ... I hope this is the right section. Please have me excused, if not. I run Win10, but use IE11 as default browser. The problem is that the menus appear to the left, and not the right. I have searched the net and my settings for a solution, but I could not find any....
  5. How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?: I have a RCA W101 V2 tablet that comes with a docking keyboard. If I undock, then redock, it always switches to portrait mode. I manually set the orientation to landscape when it is in docked mode, and it will stay like that until I undock the keyboard. Then autorotation...
  6. Screen Corruption Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Corruption Issue: When I am doing something that is moving on the screen, including moving the mouse,having a loading bar move or a blinking cursor, my screen is fine. However, once nothing on the screen is moving for about 2-3 seconds, the screen becomes corrupted and a graphical mush. Once I...
  7. Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot: I have my tablet set to portrait orientation, but if I log out or reboot it reverts to portrait, even if rotation lock is on. I assume this is because it's an 8" tablet which MS decided are meant to be used in portrait but surely if rotation lock is on then it should respect...
  8. Boot Screen orientations sideways.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Screen orientations sideways.: Hey, When my laptop is in the boot screen, the orientation of it is sideways. Heres a picture showing what it looks like. (Its an edited picture in Paint.net) [img] Is this fixable? 58387
  9. Weird Taskbar Orientation

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Taskbar Orientation: So I know that this is probably a super simple fix, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it all out. I attached a picture of my taskbar to this thread. The keyboard language, the time and date, and the notification center buttons are all extremely big taking up...
  10. Windows broken on tablets after screen orientation change

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows broken on tablets after screen orientation change: This happens in tablet and non tablet mode. 1. Open some metro app in fullscreen mode having tablet in horizontal mode 2. turn tablet around by 90° 3. open for example Edge, now Edge is bugged and edges have 5px border In tablet mode this results in more problems like...