Windows 10: Screen out of range with VGA to HDMI adapter in high resolutions

Discus and support Screen out of range with VGA to HDMI adapter in high resolutions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a old monitor LG with HD Ready. In Windows 7 I put it in 1680x1050 without problems connecting directly by VGA. Using an VGA - HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Antonio Vallejo Zea, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Screen out of range with VGA to HDMI adapter in high resolutions

Hello, I have a old monitor LG with HD Ready. In Windows 7 I put it in 1680x1050 without problems connecting directly by VGA.

Using an VGA - HDMI adapter I put it in 1680x1050 in Ubuntu without problems, but in Windows 10 I only put it in 1240x768. If I try to put it in a higher resolution, the message "out of range" appears.

The card is Intel UHD Graphics 630.

The refresh rate shows 4 options, 59.940, 59.944, 60.000 and 60.004. I only can use 60.004 and 59.944 in 1240x768.

I try to uninstall card, screen... the drivers is updated.

:)

Antonio Vallejo Zea, Feb 17, 2021

2. HDMI out of range

We have a pc set up with a VGA cable, I wanted to use an HDMI but when I do it shows Out of Range. I have (I think) tried everything listed on the help site. lowered the settings and refresh rate still nothing. If the monitor can run via VGA how can HDMI
    be out of range?

This is HDMI to HDMI.

Kevin_913a, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Lenovo Y70-70 second screen HDMI-VGA, wrong resolution

I have a Lenovo Y70-70 laptop running Windows 10 (dual boot with Ubuntu). When I use the HDMI port to add an external monitor, the monitor complains that its not receiving the 1650*1080 that it wants (The visible screen is squashed laterally, suggesting
    to me that it's actually receiving a 1080p signal - too high for this monitor). When I change the resolution of that second screen in "extend displays" mode in the "display" dialogue in "settings", whether higher or lower, this changes the resolution of the
    image which is then being squashed into the image area on the second screen, while it still complains that the signal is not the 1650*1080 that it wants. I initially guessed that this was because the external HDMI to VGA adapter that I'm using between the
    laptop and the monitor was not working correctly, however I know this is not the case, because when I boot up in ubuntu it works perfectly, with the operating system extending and detecting the right display size and delivering the correct signal via that
    same adapter.

I've updated the drivers for both display adapters, i.e. "Intel HD Graphics 4600" and "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M", but the problem persists.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

SimBamford1, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Screen out of range with VGA to HDMI adapter in high resolutions

Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Screen out of range with VGA to HDMI adapter in high resolutions

1. Screen out of range with VGA to HDMI adapter in high resolutions - Similar Threads - Screen range VGA

2. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  3. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  4. Resolution out of range problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution out of range problem: So i accidentaly changed my resolution on pc something like 4000 900 and now i always have to go in safe mode to uninstall my display adapter for my windows to work without the out of range error but to play games i have to update and whenever i do that it changes back to my...
  5. Resolution out of range problem

Resolution out of range problem: So i accidentaly changed my resolution on pc something like 4000 900 and now i always have to go in safe mode to uninstall my display adapter for my windows to work without the out of range error but to play games i have to update and whenever i do that it changes back to my...
  6. Resolution out of range problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11: I just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a Moread adatpter that connects through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "Input Not Supported". How do I make this work? Thank you...
  8. VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11

VGA to HDMI Adapter for Windows 11: I just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a Moread adatpter that connects through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "Input Not Supported". How do I make this work? Thank you...
  9. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...
  10. VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VGA to HDMI adapter suddenly not working: I got this old monitor a couple months ago and have been using it since with a vga to hdmi adapter cause my pc doesnt have a vga port. Then suddenly a couple days ago it stopped working so i figured the monitor died considering how old it is. However when i got a replacement...