Windows 10: Screen Overlay Issues after start up

Discus and support Screen Overlay Issues after start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; At start up, the screen has an overlay issue of not clearing the previous screen. I have yet to figure out a solution to get this to stop. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ESulli1, Nov 9, 2018.

1. ESulli1 Win User

Screen Overlay Issues after start up

At start up, the screen has an overlay issue of not clearing the previous screen. I have yet to figure out a solution to get this to stop. Any ideas?

Screen Overlay Issues after start up [​IMG]

:)

ESulli1, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Screen Overlay Issues after start up

windows starts hidden applications with overlay window

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing with the applications on your computer can occur due to several reasons, such as, a possible threat on your computer, system failure, etc. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

Also, kindly send us a screenshot of the overlay that you are seeing.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Screen Overlay Issues after start up

1. Screen Overlay Issues after start up - Similar Threads - Screen Overlay Issues

2. Red screen after start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red screen after start up.: I have a Windows 7 HP PC that I recently updated to windows 10 home. It worked great for awhile but at one start up the screen stays red. It's like there's a red color filter on it. I've tried deleting the graphics driver and restarting. When I deleted, everything got...
  3. Red screen after start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red screen after start up.: I have a Windows 7 HP PC that I recently updated to windows 10 home. It worked great for awhile but at one start up the screen stays red. It's like there's a red color filter on it. I've tried deleting the graphics driver and restarting. When I deleted, everything got...
  4. Red screen after start up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. An second overlay screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An second overlay screen: please see the above image . I don't know why but my screen is divided into two and it's appearing like an overlay screen .. it had appeared sometime back and gone on it's own but here it again appeared .. literally I am seeing duplicate images of everything . Please tell me...
  6. Black Screen after Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Start-up: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop. Ever since then, every time I restart or turn on my computer, after the windows logo comes up, the screen becomes black with no cursor and it can stay like that for hours before the login screen comes up. Because of that...
  7. Start up issues after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start up issues after reinstall: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop. Now my system is not loading. Every time I get the below page. When i click next and give my wifi details, it loads for about 5-10 mins. Then system restarts and comes back to the below page. Its going in loop. Any idea why its...
  8. Blue screen after start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen after start up: I have OMEN by HP laptop 15-dc0xxx this year and it was running very smoothly. No issues what so ever. There was an windows update however, I was not in mood to update it at the time because it was always a bad timing for it. Then eventually around a month later I updated...
  9. Start menu overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu overlay: I have been having a translucent overlay over my start menu whenever I open it for the first time. I can close it then open it again to make it go away. I am also unable to type to search with the start menu....
  10. Black Overlay Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Overlay Screen issue: So, honestly, I have no clue what this is, why it's happening, and of course how to fix it. But, I would hope to think that posting it here may get some results. So, I've been having this issue for the past couple months, that whenever I turn on my computer, I get this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc screen overlay issue

2. windows screen overlay issue