Windows 10: Screen pixelation

Discus and support Screen pixelation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since Windows 10 most recent update, my screen becomes pixelated at various times and the screen is unreadable. I contacted Windows support chat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamie07, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Jamie07 Win User

Screen pixelation

Ever since Windows 10 most recent update, my screen becomes pixelated at various times and the screen is unreadable. I contacted Windows support chat yesterday. The rep took over control of my computer, said he was creating a restore point, then a few minutes later my computer shut down and then restarted, however my computer was WIPED CLEAN! There is no restore point! I have contacted Microsoft support twice since then & no one seems to be able to restore my programs or files. If anyone has any suggestions, I would GREATLY appreciate any available information. I am BEYOND frustrated.

Thanks!

:)

Jamie07, Mar 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Aniversary - Pixelated Screen

Hi,

I realize that after the Anniversary update you are getting randomly weird pixelated screens. I will try to help you with this issue.

As the issue is occurring after waking up the PC from sleep mode, let us try these steps to check if that helps.

You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Further you may also follow these steps to reset all default power plans to default settings:

• Open a command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type “powercfg –restoredefaultschemes” and press Enter.

• Close the command prompt.
    Remember to restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 14, 2019
  4. hpholm Win User

Screen pixelation

dead pixels, every app crashes

I suggest take it to the retailer for proper assessment as soon as possible.

There are several troubleshooting steps for the instability issues (suspecting a faulty SD memory card) but the phone need official evaluation of the dead pixels.

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Screen pixelation

1. Screen pixelation - Similar Threads - Screen pixelation

2. Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly: I have a Surface Pro with an external monitor connected via DP using the Surface Dock and with the lid shut, randomly and the monitor screen goes blank. I will get this error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status = 0xc0000186" in the event log. The power settings are set...
  3. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...
  4. Blue screen boot up loop, automatic repair not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen boot up loop, automatic repair not working: Hi, I am having issues booting up windows on my Microsoft Surface. The device is fairly new (purchased last November) and has been working fine until today. On boot-up, the blue screen stating there is a problem pops up. The computer then attempts to restart, but then goes...
  5. Screen flicker/blink when background change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flicker/blink when background change.: Something weird start to happen on my pc, every time my sideshow background change, my browser flicker / blink, Video https://streamable.com/c896i (last clip slowmo) GIF- https://i.imgur.com/rsFe1T7.gifv Any solutions ? I7 6900K GTX 1060 16Gb Ram. Driver Up to date....
  6. Full Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Full Screen: Hey Guys, I need help to enter full screen on windows 10, Ive tried F11 but it just adjusts the brightness, Is their any way to enter full screen mode on windows 10 expect using the F11?...
  7. Pixelated screen when booting

Pixelated screen when booting: I installed linux on my pc recently and sometimes, when i boot my windows 10 my screen is like in this photo for a few seconds[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pixelated-screen-when-booting/38d4f8a9-2d6d-43dc-b1c4-e6e76cac2935
  8. Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black.: This is a 3 and a half year old HP laptop. It has worked fine. Today, for the first time, (after being checked for a flight) the screen started floating pixels for lack of a better description. Then the screen became wavy and then totally grayed out. I have no idea what the...
  9. Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen: Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard or the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). It isn't the gpu since I have uninstalled it plugged in a displayport into the motherboard...
  10. Blue pixelated screen after windows update (KB4471324)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue pixelated screen after windows update (KB4471324): I turned on my laptop only for it to automatically update, even though I turned automatic updates off. After it finished updating and restarted the screen became tinted blue and pixelated(I have tried to insert a picture but the feature doesn't seem to be working). The update...