Windows 10: Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black.

Discus and support Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is a 3 and a half year old HP laptop. It has worked fine. Today, for the first time, (after being checked for a flight) the screen started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by txstoby, Dec 23, 2018.

1. txstoby Win User

Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black.

This is a 3 and a half year old HP laptop. It has worked fine. Today, for the first time, (after being checked for a flight) the screen started floating pixels for lack of a better description. Then the screen became wavy and then totally grayed out. I have no idea what the problem is or how long the computer will last. Today when i booted up the computer, it had pixels floating then cleared up to normal. I am just trying to get an idea on what is going on. I will take a screen shot when it presents again.

:)

txstoby, Dec 23, 2018

2. Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

Got a new pre-built pc. I think the gpu could be defective. Artifacts on screen (pixels, symbols, lines) White pixels on screen in bios and in windows there is 2 vertical lines 2ish inches wide with varying colors in them.
    I figured before i send the gpu in i would troubleshoot a bit. I performed a clean install of windows 10 Pro x64. It was running fine for a bit then the screen went black. If i reboot the windows loading screen shows with the circle of dots then the screen goes black before sign - in. I can boot into safe mode (thanks @Brink for the tutorial on adding safe boot with bcdedit). I updated graphics drivers to no avail. I tried updating "all - in - one" drivers from AsRock but cant install them because they aren't signed. I booted with digital signatures temporarily disabled but still get the same error when attempting to install drivers. I made a restore point immediately after the clean install, every time i load it, windows works for a couple minutes then screen goes black. I tried updating windows and it gets about halfway through then screen goes black. I tried setting resolution to 800x600 but screen still goes black. This is a no mouse cursor black screen btw.

I'm going to try a few things now and will update this post with any new info.

Thanks in advance

LoyalOpposition, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black.

screen suddenly goes black

while playing golf game on WGT Golf, my screen suddenly goes black

MelWeinrach, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black.

1. Screen pixels are floating suddenly, then screen goes black. - Similar Threads - Screen pixels are

2. screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black: My screen goes black only when I move my cursor to certain spots on the screen, these spots change randomly for ex if I restart or if I open something, it just changes.I have tried updating my display driver, or using win+ctrl+shift+b or even using power troubleshoot, none of...
  3. screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen goes black: My screen goes black only when I move my cursor to certain spots on the screen, these spots change randomly for ex if I restart or if I open something, it just changes.I have tried updating my display driver, or using win+ctrl+shift+b or even using power troubleshoot, none of...
  4. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black: Hi recently when i opened a game and started playing, screen went black showing no signal and after few seconds came back to normal.. 3rd time this happened screen goes black and system restarted itself. There was an error code in event viewer shown below,"The computer has...
  5. Screen goes black

Screen goes black: Hi recently when i opened a game and started playing, screen went black showing no signal and after few seconds came back to normal.. 3rd time this happened screen goes black and system restarted itself. There was an error code in event viewer shown below,"The computer has...
  6. Screen goes to black . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes to black . . .: My computer runs, Windows 10.There's one setting, I don't know how to change?After about, 30 seconds. My screen goes to black.When I move my mouse, it comes back on.But, it goes to the login screen. When it comes, back on?And, I have to put in my password. And, I don't want...
  7. Screen goes to black . . .

Screen goes to black . . .: My computer runs, Windows 10.There's one setting, I don't know how to change?After about, 30 seconds. My screen goes to black.When I move my mouse, it comes back on.But, it goes to the login screen. When it comes, back on?And, I have to put in my password. And, I don't want...
  8. Screen goes to black . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black: I am using Windows 10, my setup is running the most recent windows update, and I keep my system safe with up to date Norton360. But I am pretty computer illiterate. So I ask with the utter most sincerity to simplify as much as you can. I've been having a reoccurring problem...
  10. Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black: Got a new pre-built pc. I think the gpu could be defective. Artifacts on screen (pixels, symbols, lines) White pixels on screen in bios and in windows there is 2 vertical lines 2ish inches wide with varying colors in them. I figured before i send the gpu in i would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. small pixels floating on screen windows black screen