Windows 10: Screen position/size

Discus and support Screen position/size in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am working on replacing an arcade screen with a 43inch flat screen but my issue is after setting the orentiation some of the bottom (left side) will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jdoug22, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Screen position/size

I am working on replacing an arcade screen with a 43inch flat screen but my issue is after setting the orentiation some of the bottom (left side) will be hidden by the cabinet i need to set the screen position so that the screen is inside my glass frame but I cannot find any options in windows to do that can someone advise how I can move the position of the windows screen up

submitted by /u/jdoug22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jdoug22, Jan 1, 2021
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Screen position/size

Save Window Position

Hi Shane,

Saving the window size/position when opening a message to a new window is easy. Simply follow the steps below on how to do so:

• Open a message in a new window.
    • Press and hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and click on the
      X button at upper right corner of the window to close it.
    • When you open a message in another window, the size/position of the window should be saved.
    If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Screen position/size

1. Screen position/size - Similar Threads - Screen position size

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  4. screen position

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screen position: i can not see the up and down arrows because the screen is slightly to the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-position/b967e0c8-439f-49db-8580-4cc122e3664a
  5. Window Size and Position

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Size and Position: I might already have a thread about this. An application window will have a given size and position upon initial installation. I have a window which has had both changed since its initial installation. I want to restore the original values. I tried uninstalling it and...
  6. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  7. window size and position

in Windows 10 Customization
    window size and position: HOW IS IT THAT WINDOWS10 CANNOT REMEMBER THE SIZE AND POSITION OF AN OPEN WINDOW/APPLICATION AFTER IT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND THEN RE-OPENED? I've done a quick search that revealed that previous versions of Windows have had the same issue with the system failing to do the...
  8. App size/position

App size/position: Hi, I recently had a problem with my PC where I had to reset it and I took a photo of my desktop so I can re download everything.[ATTACH] As you can see the icons are miss aligned. Does anyone know a fix to this?...
  9. Automatically size and position certain windows

Automatically size and position certain windows: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 pro x64. I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to be a specific place on the screen and a specific size when they open. For example, each time I want to save or load any...
  10. Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons forget size and positions on reboot.: After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum size (only eight fit on the screen). Once icons are manually resized, (Ctrl-Scroll), they're scattered all over the screen....