Windows 10: Screen problem after changing to windows 10 from 8.1

Discus and support Screen problem after changing to windows 10 from 8.1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have got a problem with my Lenovo Ideapad 300, after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 whenever i boot it the screen turns white and sometimes during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WadzyAllen, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Screen problem after changing to windows 10 from 8.1

I have got a problem with my Lenovo Ideapad 300, after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 whenever i boot it the screen turns white and sometimes during use it begins to turn white and can't do anything. So would you help me fix this problem please.

:)

WadzyAllen, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 22, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 22, 2019
  4. dmccoy Win User

Screen problem after changing to windows 10 from 8.1

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Screen problem after changing to windows 10 from 8.1

1. Screen problem after changing to windows 10 from 8.1 - Similar Threads - Screen problem changing

2. Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM: I am unbelievably upset. My computer was rebooted yesterday and the type has completely shrunk and the screen is super light. I have an urgent situation. I have limited vision and bought a large screen to have larger clearer type. Now I can hardly read the emails. The type is...
  3. Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem: Being an Apple user, but my wife asked me!! not keyed up on Windows, l read up on possible causes! by this time my wife was pulling her hair out! trying to set her windows 10 laptop from going into 1 minute lock screen. l went all through the "regedit" procedures, taking...
  4. change to Windows 8 from W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change to Windows 8 from W10: I have been using Verizon messages but new computer came with W10 and that is not compatible with Verizon messages. What do I need to do to revert to Windows 8 which will allow Verizon messages. I am not computer savvy so a step by step is most appreciated. Thank you...
  5. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  6. Problem with system starting after update to win 10 from win 8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with system starting after update to win 10 from win 8: After upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10 i have a problem. When I turn on the laptop there is a system loading screen, then a black screen is displayed for one to two minutes and only then it turns on. I have updated drivers. And everything in task manager in autostart is...
  7. Windows 10 - change from 8-bit to 16-bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - change from 8-bit to 16-bit: How do I Run ROXIO "Edit Video-Advanced" as 16-bit program in Windows 10 64-bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-from-8-bit-to-16-bit/fd73a092-f1cb-49bd-a0e2-f880eab5383b
  8. Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use: Hello all, the title states it all. Out of the blue I started getting a black screen, while playing video games, or comp just sitting idle. If I'm playing a game, audio is fine after both my monitors go black for about 30 seconds, then rig reboots. Rig runs great other wise....
  9. Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8

Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8: I have been subscribed to the insider preview and had all the builds of Win 10 as they have been released when Win 10 went RTM I unsubscribed and installed Win 8 Pro and registered using my legit Win 8 Pro key afterwards I upgraded to Win 10 RTM from Microsoft updates and...
  10. Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10

Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 8 I did try to upgrade to windows 10 and it started downloading. It got to 12% and i closed the lid, when i opened the lid it was still at 12%, then after about an hour it was still at 12% I shut down and again once the computer had...