Windows 10: Screen problem & Slow

Discus and support Screen problem & Slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just installed windows 10 from 7 and I have two monitors that I use two different screens on but what I now have is one full screen and the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArtResnick, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Screen problem & Slow

I've just installed windows 10 from 7 and I have two monitors that I use two different screens on but what I now have is one full screen and the other screen shows part of the same page! When I go to the settings page it says it doesn't recognize my 2nd monitor. What should I do?

Also, as I type, it follows very slowly one letter at a time as well as functioning much slower than Windows 7 did.

Thanks for any help you can give me

I have 16 gigs ram and over 3g speed

:)

ArtResnick, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 23, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Screen problem & Slow

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Screen problem & Slow

1. Screen problem & Slow - Similar Threads - Screen problem Slow

2. Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.: Hi, so for a few weeks my gaming pc has been extremely laggy and slow also whenever the lag got too much the pc would crash and display a blue screen with the error code “machine check exception”. I tried absolutely everything to fix the issue but nothing helped. Last night I...
  3. Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.: Hi, so for a few weeks my gaming pc has been extremely laggy and slow also whenever the lag got too much the pc would crash and display a blue screen with the error code “machine check exception”. I tried absolutely everything to fix the issue but nothing helped. Last night I...
  4. wifi problem slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi problem slow: my laptop is just a month old and my wifi driver keeps working fine but now a days i have noticed that my the wifi speed and lan speed i am getting is quite slow means i have a connection of 150 mbps mega bits but i get only 10 to 15 mbpsmega bits i have also tried to reset...
  5. Slow lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow lock screen: When I turn on my computer (or restart) the lock screen takes about 5 minutes before I can finally enter my password. After it starts, it takes another 5 minutes before I can do anything. I disabled programs running on startup, and that seemed to slow it down even more. I...
  6. Slow internet problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet problem: Since last week,my hp laptop facing slow internet..it gets about 5-10 mbps,but fails to open a youtube video even in 144 p.As my laptop is quite old,i thought it is high rime to reset the pc.But when resetting pc,"failed to reset pc,no changes where made"are shown.I tried cmd...
  7. Slow pc problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow pc problems: Hi, I've had some problem with my PC today. It got really slow and it takes time to load stuff. That doesn't happen always but there's days when it does that and I have no idea what's the problem, could it be update maybe or do I need to reinstall everything completely and...
  8. Problem with Computer running slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Computer running slow.: I had my Surface Book 2 for a little more than 8 months probably and had a major issue which started a few months ago My computer runs super fast most of the time until it hits 50% battery life. It then starts to get super low and is almost everytime only resolved when I...
  9. Store problems? Slow / down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store problems? Slow / down?: Anyone else seeing that accessing store is really slow at the moment, it's taking ages to load anything? 44285
  10. Slow Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot Problem: Hello everyone; I'm new here today so please forgive me if I'm a little off on protocol to start out. I purchased a new Dell XPS-8700 about a month ago, and just the other day took the leap and upgraded to Windows 10. The install seemed to go just fine but when it was...