Windows 10: Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.

Discus and support Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Gateway P78 FX edition laptop, since Spring 2018 update (1803), my screen randomly shutdown (and keyboard stop responding), requiring a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RenéHaché, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.

Hi, I have a Gateway P78 FX edition laptop, since Spring 2018 update (1803), my screen randomly shutdown (and keyboard stop responding), requiring a hard reboot, mainly when I play videos online (YouTube, Netflix, Twitch,...) but it can also happen at any other moment too, ex: also happen when I start the Blizzard App or when I just scroll web pages.

Before anyone start shouting "update your drivers". I want to say, yes all drivers are up to date, they are still old since the manufacture company are no longer support/updating them...

My laptop is about 8 years old, so it's may not be surprising that I start having problems.

:)

RenéHaché, Feb 7, 2019

2. Screen freezes randomly, requiring hard reboot

I've been working on this problem for months now. I have Windows 10 on a HP Envy desktop and using an HP display. It worked fine without problems for about 6 months. Then the
    screen started freezing-- the pointer freezes, the PC becomes unresponsive.
    When I power off by hitting the power button and restart, it works fine for a few minutes to hours to days without a problem. Then the problem will happen again randomly. I figured it probably happened after a Windows update, which are automatic.

Then about 5 weeks ago it got a new problem. The screen would suddenly start flashing on and off, and the PC was again unresponsive. After rebooting, it would work again for a few min-to-hours-to-days as with the previous problem. Finally it went to a blue
    screen with endless circles and would not ever get past that point. SO, at this point
    I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10.

NOW I'm back to the original problem: the pointer freezes and the screen freezes, requiring a reboot from the power button. The only software I have installed since reinstalling Windows:

Mcaffee Live Safe

Microsoft Office

Chrome

HP Printer software

Adobe acrobat

The problem has been happening from the beginning though (right after I reinstalled windows). So, I figure that the screen freeze is a Windows problem. I've updated all drivers. I've searched all over this site, but no suggestions as to what to do. Can anyone
    help?

KatherineDee, Feb 7, 2019
  3. TrawMah Win User
    Windows 10 Randomly Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot.

Windows 10 Randomly Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot. I have tried many fixes from power plan to clean reinstall. nothing seems to work. Brand new PC. Any help would be very helpful.

TrawMah, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.

little cat, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.

1. Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot. - Similar Threads - Screen randomly shutdown

2. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  3. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  4. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  5. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes - Requires Hard Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes - Requires Hard Shutdown: I wake up the computer monitor asleepI go to the open Chrome browser.I try to reload one of the open tabs.I notice I can't click on anything else on the desktop.I close Chrome.I can move the mouse cursor freely, but cannot click anything.I notice the cursor turns to a loading...
  7. Random Black Screen, Requiring Hard Reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Black Screen, Requiring Hard Reset: I've been getting random black screens, causing my PC to become unresponsive. The only thing I can do to get it to come back is to force reboot it. This happens at seemingly random times. On average about once per day, while gaming but sometimes while idling or waking from...
  8. Hard freezing hard reboot required

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard freezing hard reboot required: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to: i7-8700k MSI Tomahawk G.Skill Trident 2x8GB 3200 Ever since I did the upgrade and fresh installed Windows 10 to my SSD, I've been having quite a few problems with this build, My computer sometimes maybe once a day hard freezes to the...
  9. Crashing to random colored screen requiring hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Crashing to random colored screen requiring hard reset: Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in, So this has been going on for quite some time now, when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random...
  10. Random Shutdown and Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown and Reboot: I have Windows 10 system that keeps randomly rebooting and coming back up. I took main name "place" to get it look at and they said everything is fine and it didn't randomly reboot them like it does me. Could anybody give me some help by look at my files? I attach below, a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly freeze no reset working only hard shutdown