Windows 10: Screen randomly turns black

Discus and support Screen randomly turns black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have my laptop for several months now but recently it showed problems with a screen. From time to time the screen turns completely black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bartosz_225, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Screen randomly turns black

Hello,

I have my laptop for several months now but recently it showed problems with a screen. From time to time the screen turns completely black with no cursor, or anything at all, visible. Apart from that, the computer seems to be intact and running music or movies are playing as other programs as internet explorer or adobe reader are working but it's completely dark. When it happens I have to put the computer to sleep mode or restart it with a power button. It doesn't happen really often but often enough to be annoying when I use it for work, so for about 8 hours, it happens 4 or 5 times. I have tried many things to solve the problem. Here's what I tried:

1. Restart graphics drivers with Win+Ctrl+Shift+B

2. updating graphic card drivers

3. uninstallation of graphic card drivers in a safe mode

4. uninstallation of anti-virus

5. Clean boot

6. Disabling PCI express

but nothing seems to be helping.

Specifications:

Windows 10 Home

graphic cards:

IntelR UHD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

computer: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx

:)

Bartosz_225, Oct 14, 2020
  2. p-jack Win User

screen turns black at random

i finally managed to install the latest catalyst package (6.9), and now.... whatever game i´m running, my screen randomly turns black for 2-3 seconds during gameplay... *Bang Head :banghead: could this be the VPURecover kicking in? Any ideas someone?

p-jack, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Screen randomly turns black

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Screen randomly turns black

1. Screen randomly turns black - Similar Threads - Screen randomly turns

2. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  3. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  4. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Black Screen

Random Black Screen: For the last week I have been getting random black screens which basically means I have to force power my system down. First of this was because I was running AMD software alongside the Windows UWP which was potentially causing issues. I have removed the AMD software as...
  6. My screen randomly turns black.

My screen randomly turns black.: HelloFor the past month or so I have had a problem with my screen radomly turning black. Afterwards I have to restart my computer by pressing down the power button to use it again. It moustly happens when I visit certain websites - fx facebookNow I don't have any other...
  7. Random black screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random black screen.: Sometimes when im playing a game a black screen pops up for 5 seconds, then dissapears, and all the windows refresh and the taskbar acts like when turning the pc on (icons appearing one by one). Some games also go completely white when it happens. Any fixes? submitted by...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black: The screen randomly turns black, though the back lit keyboard remains on. To fix this issue i must force shut down the laptop, though the moment it turns off it makes a pop sound. This happens every few hours and i have noticed no trend/trigger to this issue. Really...
  9. Random Black Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens: Hello. I currently have a problem with my computer where I would randomly black out while playing games. The game just stops for a couple seconds and it will continue right after. What could be wrong with my computer? Is there any way to test for defective parts? Thank you...
  10. Random black screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens: Hello, For some reason when I am watching a youtube video or playing a game my screen just goes black, then I have to turn my laptop off and back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-black-screens/666a0cf5-2c99-4de6-a375-537bc24ef6b7