Windows 10: Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black

Discus and support Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to screen record to get clips for a project for school. I have done this before with using the game bar and have never had an issue. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samantha.Ann, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black

I am trying to screen record to get clips for a project for school. I have done this before with using the game bar and have never had an issue. Now, when I try to record the captured video is black. The audio sounds a little funny as well but my biggest issue is the black screen. I have tried repairing and resetting the app but nothing has worked

:)

Samantha.Ann, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the recordings using the Game Bar shows black screen. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• Were you able to install the drivers?
    • Were you able to use the recording feature earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have updated the graphics driver, I would suggest you to try rolling back the drivers and see if that helps:

1. Press the Windows Logo key + X key, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on AMD driver and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to check whether the Xbox Game Monitoring service is running or not. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Bhrayan23 Win User
    Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording

The Windows 10 game bar does not support recording all the games, and the error message you received may indicates that the gameplay blocks the game bar from recording. Thus, you'd better search for other Windows 10 screen recorders to do this trick.

Bhrayan23, Jun 15, 2021
  4. renee1219 Win User

Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black

1. Screen recording through game bar is not working, screen in black - Similar Threads - Screen recording through

2. Screen record issues Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen record issues Game Bar: Hi, I have tried to record my screen today using the game bar and received the following error message 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057 I needed to record the screen while a video played on a web page open with google chrome. Ive done this before without issue....
  3. Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Not Recording in Full Screen: I have seen a similar post from last year, and there was no solution, and I just discovered that I have the same issue. When I record videos, the playback is not in full screen. Looking at the properties of the video file, the video frame width is 1872 and the frame...
  4. Screen recording from game bar won’t work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen recording from game bar won’t work.: I tried to repair it, shut down my computer and turned it on, looked at my storage (it’s fine). It shows me error 0x82323007. submitted by /u/NotSexyStuffAgain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld5yum/screen_recording_from_game_bar_wont_work/
  5. game bar not recording full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game bar not recording full screen: [ATTACH] When I record games, my games don't record in full screen, the capture appears in the top left corner and what's left of the screen is black. https://preview.redd.it/u9l47xod5ay51.png?width=3821&format=png&auto=webp&s=26d26c90784b9194f3848af7ce6d999ee3e5c3e1...
  6. Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recordings from Game Bar show black screen: Recently I have been experiencing this weird glitch when recording with the game bar where the video is a black screen with my cursor glitching around Before this happened I unsuccessfully updated my graphics drivers and Restored my computer back to a state earlier. This...
  7. Xbox game bar records as a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar records as a black screen: Half of the time when I am recording footage for a game (overwatch), the recording turns out to be a black screen when I view the mp4 file. I have looked at other forum posts on this, and it seems that this problem is largely unresolved for many people....
  8. Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...
  9. Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.: The problem started after the 1803 update. Now if I record any full screen game, it records the whole video as a black video. But it doesn't happen with the windowed mode....
  10. Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Gaming Bar Screen Recording: Trying to record KSP with the screen recorder, but it will only record for exactly 10 seconds then say 'There's nothing to record. Play some more and try again.' I have tried it windowed and then on a couple other games, same thing. Graphics driver is up to date.MVI 4064 -...