Windows 10: screen refresh rate

Discus and support screen refresh rate in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello i just got my lap top two days ago and i have the following problem : every time i plug and unplug the charger the screen blink black for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by farahalali, Mar 24, 2019.

1. screen refresh rate

Hello
    i just got my lap top two days ago and i have the following problem :
    every time i plug and unplug the charger the screen blink black for a couple seconds
    i went to power options > change plan settings > change advanced power settings > then i changed the intel graphics power plan to " maximum performance"
    the blinking went away but now whenever i unplug the charger the screen refresh rate drop to 48 hz
    i'm afraid there's something wrong with the laptop ,it's brand new
    laptop : ASUS TUF fx 705GE
    thanks for reading

:)

farahalali, Mar 24, 2019

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 24, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Refresh rate override bugs

i suggest not to use the refresh rate fix of atitool at the moment .. try other tools. it will be removed in the next version

W1zzard, Mar 24, 2019
  4. MFayazi Win User

screen refresh rate

"screen refresh rate"

The "screen refresh rate" feature on "Monitor tab" of "Display Adaptor Properties" , should remove on Windows 7.

It seems this feature "damages monitors".

MFayazi, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

screen refresh rate

1. screen refresh rate - Similar Threads - screen refresh rate

2. Refresh rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate: I have a 144 Hz monitor it runs at 120 Hz on the desktop but whenever I open a game it goes to 30 Hz please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-rate/9093fb5f-4bd9-4274-b58a-ae6a30c19a63
  3. Refresh rate

Refresh rate: Hi allI had a question about changing refresh rate on windows 11. I have a lenovo thinkpad if that helps. So I wanted to change the refresh rate to 60Hz and I did but after a few minutes it auto changed to 48 again. It keeps happening and I have no idea how to fix it so can...
  4. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  5. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  6. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: Hey all, Using the three monitor configuration with my WFH surface unit. My computer supports a higher refresh rate than it displays. Do I need to change some particular settings? I have tried all possible settings so far....
  8. Refresh rate

Refresh rate: I always change my refresh rate of monitor to 60hz but everytime i start after shut down or sleep mode it automatically changes to 144hz .Please help. How to permanently change refresh rate to 60hz....
  9. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: Hello, i just got a montior its labeled as “Samsung C24RG50 24" 1920 x 1080 Full HD Resolution 4ms 144Hz” i have it connetced to my pc by display port cable. It is supposed to be 144hz but the display settings list it as 60hz and I can’t access “Display Adapter Properties for...
  10. refresh rate on screen display

refresh rate on screen display: how do I to turn off on-screen intel refresh rate number at top left of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-rate-on-screen-display/7d038e48-7150-44fa-acb4-f9e4216ec5e8