Windows 10: Screen remains off because laptop is updating

Discus and support Screen remains off because laptop is updating in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My screen remains off and won't turn on even when using the keyboard. This only happens when windows is updating something. This is not the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nosis340, Apr 24, 2019.

1. nosis340 Win User

Screen remains off because laptop is updating

My screen remains off and won't turn on even when using the keyboard. This only happens when windows is updating something. This is not the first laptop I had this happen to so it is not the laptop itself. The only correction has been to force shutdown the system and turn it back on. I have tried other options before with no fix so far. Even a full reboot and reinstall doesn't fix this once all windows updates are complete. No problems with updating manually only when updating while the screen is off.

:)

nosis340, Apr 24, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 24, 2019
  3. N-Gen Win User
    Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Screen remains off because laptop is updating

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Screen remains off because laptop is updating

1. Screen remains off because laptop is updating - Similar Threads - Screen remains off

2. Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...: Company HP Model HP Pavilion 15 cc 129tx Windows version win 10 1803 build 17134.81 Graphic Nvidia 940mx and intel UHD 620 Problem My laptop screen goes to turn off after 5 min of no usage on battery and 10 min of no usage on power . after that I am not able to use...
  3. Turn off the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off the laptop screen: Is there a way to turn off the laptop screen (Win10) when connected to an external monitor and leave the laptop on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-the-laptop-screen/a831a9b7-e2a1-4e60-8d2d-6e2f70cb5f67
  4. We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 Updates throws out this error We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off, then here is what you need to do to get out of this mess. These updates usually happen for some basic [...] This post We couldn’t install some updates because...
  5. We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.: Hey, i can't remember but it may have been interrupted or not... So now I'm stuck. I've googled this issue and tried this guide: We Couldnt Install some updates because the PC was Turned off Windows 10 No luck. Any ideas? Do you need my cBS log? CBS.zip 110614
  6. Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes": I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have...
  7. Laptop screen not turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen not turning off.: For some reason, the laptop that I had Windows 8.1 installed in last will not turn off after five or so minutes, like I had set it. This can be a huge drawback, because the laptop might be running on battery power and having the screen constantly on drains it. This usually...
  8. My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen: Hi! I reinstalled windows the day before yesterday and since then every time I turn my laptop on after entering my password the screen turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on. This have never happened to me before. I tried putting my old windows back via Macrium...
  9. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...
  10. Avoid / get rid of remainings on the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Avoid / get rid of remainings on the screen: Sometimes there are left remainings (not accessible with the mouse or else) on the monitor in front of all programs: [img] [img] How could I avoid such and get rid (without shutting down the Notebook) of it? 86313