Windows 10: Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login

Discus and support Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of the weirdest unexplained/unexplainable things I've ever seen. I have 20H2, and the last update of any type was KB4023057: Update for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asus2016, May 7, 2021.

1. asus2016 Win User

Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login

One of the weirdest unexplained/unexplainable things I've ever seen. I have 20H2, and the last update of any type was KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service components seven days ago. Every night I restart my computer before bed, every morning I log in. This morning the display resolution - normally 1280x1024 - was smaller when I logged in, and the desktop background - normally the generic Windows-provided blue one - was a family photo that this computer has on it, but has never before been used on it as a desktop background. The photo in question actually IS the background on my work laptop, that is never on my home network. Event viewer reveals nothing sketchy, though I don't really know what I'd be looking for. What happened?

:)

asus2016, May 7, 2021
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login [​IMG]

Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login [​IMG]

zinou, May 7, 2021
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 7, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

screen resolutions?

Please follow the steps on how to change the screen resolution:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • On the lower part of the Customize your display window, click Advanced display settings.
    • Choose the resolution you want to use, then click Apply to save the changes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login - Similar Threads - Screen resolution desktop

2. GTA 5 screen resolution problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GTA 5 screen resolution problem: Hi,I just update my pc to win 11 and when i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1080x1920, i want to change that to 1280x720 cause my pc not high spec, can someone help me?Thanks...
  3. GTA 5 screen resolution problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution problem: Hi,I just update my pc to win 11 and when i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1080x1920, i want to change that to 1280x720 cause my pc not high spec, can someone help me?Thanks...
  4. Game Changes Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Changes Desktop Resolution: Hello, I am trying to get Silent Hunter 3 wokring on my computer, but mistakenly de-clicked the full screen option in the hopes that the game would display in full screen stupid, I know. The orginal setting was already on full screen. What I did not know, however, what...
  5. Change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  6. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  7. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  8. Where to change Login screen photo?

Where to change Login screen photo?: I see where to change the photo for your wallpaper and your screensaver but can't find out where to change the background image of the login page. I don't like the blue windows logo light image. Can we change it? 14762
  9. Screen resolution will not change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...
  10. Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes: The title probably could use some work. Feel free to edit, anyone, if you know a better one. Here's the deal: I've got a big monitor running the recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution. I have items all over my desktop that I am working with. If I let the screen sleep...