Windows 10: Screen Resolution and scaling

Discus and support Screen Resolution and scaling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i have my computer hooked up to my T.V./monitor and it doesnt seem to matter what i set my scaling or resolution to i just cant get it to fit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kingshawgar07, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Screen Resolution and scaling

So i have my computer hooked up to my T.V./monitor and it doesnt seem to matter what i set my scaling or resolution to i just cant get it to fit on screen right does anyone have any insight on how to maybe fix this problem?

:)

kingshawgar07, Sep 3, 2018

2. Screen resolution scaling

Hi,

To assist you better, we suggest that you post your query to
    MSDN Forums

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Mørket Win User
    Screen resolution scaling

Hi.

As both Windows and Linux user, I've been using screen scaling on Linux to be able to force (emulate?) a 1920x1080 resolution on my 1366x768 screen with the following command:

xrandr --output LVDS --panning 1920x1080 --scale 1.406x1.406

The 1080p output, as it seems, is done via GPU - as I don't see any impact performance on my computer. I can confirm that I have a 1080p resolution because even the screenshots are 1920x1080.

So, is there any way to do the same thing, but on Windows? By the way, my screen's max resolution is 1366x768. I don't want to scale just some elements (text, icons) to make it look like a 1080p resolution. I want a 'real' 1080p
    resolution.

Cheers.

Mørket, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Kari Win User
Thema:

Screen Resolution and scaling

1. Screen Resolution and scaling - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution scaling

2. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  3. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  4. resolution scaling problem

resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  5. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with resolution and scaling: I am using a Lenovo laptop with 3840x2160 resolution while also connected to a monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have both monitors set to 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, and I'm getting all kinds of resolution issues. I have already tried messing with the scaling, and that...
  6. Issues with resolution and scaling

Issues with resolution and scaling: I am using a Lenovo laptop with 3840x2160 resolution while also connected to a monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have both monitors set to 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, and I'm getting all kinds of resolution issues. I have already tried messing with the scaling, and that...
  7. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly: Hello. I'm not sure what I did. I think I might have hit an Hotkey. I'm not sure. Anyways. I have an MSI GE66. Fully updated windows, fully updated drivers. The 15" screen built in laptop monitor, it has a native 1920x1080 display setting. If I use that resolution the screen...
  9. Custom scaling for low resolution screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom scaling for low resolution screens: Is there anyway to adjust window/text/icon scaling in Windows 10? I'm looking to buy a laptop that has a 1080p display (like most within the price range) and I just know the size of the windows and text and everything won't give me enough "real estate" so to speak, and...
  10. Monitor Scaling and resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...