Windows 10: Screen Resolution changed and wont go back.

Discus and support Screen Resolution changed and wont go back. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was playing GTA with my friend on an ASUS PB238 when I knocked the desk and a screwdriver fell down the back didn't touch the PC and the resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoSjaus, Sep 17, 2021.

1. LeoSjaus Win User

Screen Resolution changed and wont go back.

I was playing GTA with my friend on an ASUS PB238 when I knocked the desk and a screwdriver fell down the back didn't touch the PC and the resolution changed to 1280 x 1024 and the option to change it back to 1920 x 1080 is gone the max it can go to is 1440 x 900, all of my drivers are up to date and I have no windows updates.

:)

LeoSjaus, Sep 17, 2021

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Screen Resolution changed and wont go back.

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Screen Resolution changed and wont go back.

1. Screen Resolution changed and wont go back. - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution changed

2. Changing to a larger screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing to a larger screen resolution: Good dayI'm trying to change my screen resolution but it's stuck at the recommended one at 1366x768I updated my driver,it didn't workI even tried to download another driver but my operating system Windows 10 pro is not supportingI need a larger screen resolutionWhat can I do?...
  3. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  4. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  5. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Monitor Wont go to Max Resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Wont go to Max Resolution: Hello, I was using two monitors, 1 display was 1440 x 900 but theres no problem with that display. The 2nd display how ever wont go to its max resolution. The second monitor is an older prehistoric 4:3 monitor which can reach up to 1280x1024 but I woke up today and found out...
  7. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  8. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  9. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  10. Screen resolution will not change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...