Windows 10: Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application.

Discus and support Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my default resolution is 1920 x 1080 and it changes. This has only started to happen recently. Any way I can set a specific resolution and stop it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows Category - All, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application.

So my default resolution is 1920 x 1080 and it changes. This has only started to happen recently. Any way I can set a specific resolution and stop it from automatically changing?

:)

Windows Category - All, Feb 22, 2021

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application.

Screen resolution

Hi Manuel,

Your concern about the display resolution of your device can be due to its configuration. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you've experienced resolution changes on a specific application or the entire desktop.
    • If you're projecting/extending your display to another monitor.
    • The activity that you're performing when you've experienced your concern.
    • If there were any changes made on your device prior to your concern. This will include changes in the settings and Windows Update.
    • The specific resolution option that is missing on the list.
    • If you're using a laptop or a desktop. If it's a laptop, we'd like to know the make and model of the device.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking this
    link
    to know more about the process of changing the resolution in Windows 10.

Note: The one that is posted as recommended on the list is the one that the Display adapter supports the best based on the native resolution of your monitor.

In the event that you're unable to select the previous resolution setting based on the steps posted on the link that we've shared, we'd recommend checking the Roll Back Driver option in Device Manager. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Device Manager using Cortana.
    • Locate and collapse Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the listed adapter, and then select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, check if Roll Back Driver is lit. If yes, click on it and follow on-screen prompts.
    • Restart your device.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application.

1. Screen resolution changes automatically when opening a specific application. - Similar Threads - Screen resolution changes

2. SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS DONT OPEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS DONT OPEN: Thanks if u could help me I have a problem when I run an app a specific applicationi t doesn't open what so ever it doesn't even show or run the app just runs for a second or so in the task manger and closes I faced this problem in the past but I have noticed that when I run...
  3. My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.: My Screen brightness and contrast changed when I was not looking at it.I restarted it once and my screen resolution changed and everything became bigger. Then I checked the screen resolution from right click menu so there at the field where the monitor name is given. It was...
  4. My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.: My Screen brightness and contrast changed when I was not looking at it.I restarted it once and my screen resolution changed and everything became bigger. Then I checked the screen resolution from right click menu so there at the field where the monitor name is given. It was...
  5. Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?: Greetings everyone. I recently installed windows 11 and I've been loving it! Problem is, when I installed "intel graphics command center" to enable window stretching on lower resolutions as I play old games and hate dealing with the black bars on the sides, and with that, the...
  6. How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...: I've went through so many sites but didn't find any proper answer. I want to play csgo in 1024x768(4:3) but in borderless windowed mode. When I chose borderless window mode in csgo setting it doesn't let me change the resolution. I have to set window mode to fullscreen to...
  7. change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?: i want to use pc with 1280x1024 and i want to use it in games with 1024x768 can i make it automatically changes when i open games ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-resolution-automatically-in-full/60c2b011-0d39-4584-bacc-12062296dbaa
  8. Screen resolution changes when attaching or uploading an open file

Screen resolution changes when attaching or uploading an open file: Hi, When I try to attach an Excel file which is still open to an email, the screen resoltion of all my open Excel files tabs in W10 change to something very strange. The same thing happen when upload an open Excelfile to a website. It doesn't have to do with Gmail as it...
  9. Resolution automatically changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resolution automatically changing: I just bought a new computer and have it hooked up via hdmi to a tv. The resolution keeps changing to a smaller resolution but when i click to change the resolution is still says it’s in “1920x1080” ive reinstalled my graphics drivers a couple times. After i restart my...
  10. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

specific screen resolutions for specific programs: on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen resolution changes when opening app