Windows 10: Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

Discus and support Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmmanuelMuzukutwa, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series notebooks with Windows 10, the moment my app launches (ONLY MY APP), the screen resolution automatically changes to 640 x 480. Also note that other laptop models (Dells, HPs, Lenovos etc) with windows 10 that are running the app are working perfectly fine. Anyone with such an experience.

:)

EmmanuelMuzukutwa, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

screen resolutions?

Please follow the steps on how to change the screen resolution:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • On the lower part of the Customize your display window, click Advanced display settings.
    • Choose the resolution you want to use, then click Apply to save the changes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

My screen resolution has zoomed in

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the
      resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

1. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution Changing

2. DOS games and screen is automatically set to a lower resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    DOS games and screen is automatically set to a lower resolution: When I play DOS games through a DOSbox the screen is automatically set to say 640x480 when I set to full screen I am fine with. I then get a popup "The screen is not set to the recommended resolution.Configure PC to resolution 1920x1080. Current resolution: 640x480...
  3. DOS games and screen is automatically set to a lower resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS games and screen is automatically set to a lower resolution: When I play DOS games through a DOSbox the screen is automatically set to say 640x480 when I set to full screen I am fine with. I then get a popup "The screen is not set to the recommended resolution.Configure PC to resolution 1920x1080. Current resolution: 640x480...
  4. DOS games and screen is automatically set to a lower resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DOS games and screen is auotmatically set to a lower resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    DOS games and screen is auotmatically set to a lower resolution: When I play DOS games through a DOSbox the screen is automatically set to say 640x480 when I set to full screen I am fine with. I then get a popup "The screen is not set to the recommended resolution.Configure PC to resolution 1920x1080. Current resolution: 640x480...
  6. DOS games and screen is auotmatically set to a lower resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS games and screen is auotmatically set to a lower resolution: When I play DOS games through a DOSbox the screen is automatically set to say 640x480 when I set to full screen I am fine with. I then get a popup "The screen is not set to the recommended resolution.Configure PC to resolution 1920x1080. Current resolution: 640x480...
  7. DOS games and screen is auotmatically set to a lower resolution

8. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  9. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  10. Changing Refresh Rate Lowers Resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing Refresh Rate Lowers Resolution: Whenever I try to switch the refresh rate in my display settings from 60hz to anything else, my monitor is 144hz and my graphics card is capable of running it the resolution is immediately lowered quite a lot for my entire pc. It isn't like the higher you make the refresh...