Windows 10: Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

Discus and support Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmmanuelMuzukutwa, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series notebooks with Windows 10, the moment my app launches (ONLY MY APP), the screen resolution automatically changes to 640 x 480. Also note that other laptop models (Dells, HPs, Lenovos etc) with windows 10 that are running the app are working perfectly fine. Anyone with such an experience.

:)

EmmanuelMuzukutwa, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

screen resolutions?

Please follow the steps on how to change the screen resolution:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • On the lower part of the Customize your display window, click Advanced display settings.
    • Choose the resolution you want to use, then click Apply to save the changes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

My screen resolution has zoomed in

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the
      resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

1. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution Changing

2. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution: I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. I of course will prefer to use the latter resolution so should I continue using at the highest resolution and ignore...
  3. Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution

Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution: I recently got a new monitor Samsung sj55w. its a 3440 x 1440p 75hz monitor. I applied an 85hz overclock to it. I noticed it was looking really grainy while programming. I went to my display settings -> advanced settings and noticed that the active signal resolution is...
  4. destop resolution changes after playing a game with lower res

destop resolution changes after playing a game with lower res: My resolution for windows 10 was 1360x768 using a tv fixed the issue once but not sure how beside uninstalling my drivers for my raidion rx 480. i was palying killing floor 1 the first time it happened but it happened again when i played senran kagura it set the screen to...
  5. Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop: Maybe someone here can help me. I am using my Surface Book to remote into my desktop in my house. My problem is my desktop can't keep up with the resolution (3000x2000). I want to force the resolution to 1920x1280 but still keep the Remote Desktop full screen. Even if I edit...
  6. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  7. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  8. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  9. Lowering resolution for tiring eyes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lowering resolution for tiring eyes: Hi, I'm looking to get some advice about 13.3" laptops because my daughter is looking to buy one and I've told her to not get anything less than 1920 x 1080 resolution. I admit however that on a display smaller than 15.6", it starts getting small. Years ago I remember when...
  10. Screen resolution will not change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...