Windows 10: Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

Discus and support Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 but my laptop is 15.6 so I believe the resolution should be 1366x768 if I'm correct. The resolution kinda bugs me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Oct 11, 2020.

1. smirk24 Win User

Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 but my laptop is 15.6 so I believe the resolution should be 1366x768 if I'm correct. The resolution kinda bugs me because some of the display looks really good but the mouse pointer is very small and I'm aware of changing the mouse pointer size in ease of access but is it possible to correct the resolution without the actual size being in the list of resolution sizes?

The specs are in my profile for the asus laptop I'm talking about.

:)

smirk24, Oct 11, 2020

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 11, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

1. Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor - Similar Threads - Screen resolution doesn't

2. my monitor doesn't display the right resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor doesn't display the right resolution: My monitor is a 3840 x 2160 monitor and is running like it is 1920 x 1080 and won't go back to being smooth and is just all blocky. I don't know if this has anything todo with my signal strength being 1920 x 1080 but I don't know how to fix that...
  3. my monitor doesn't display the right resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor doesn't display the right resolution: My monitor is a 3840 x 2160 monitor and is running like it is 1920 x 1080 and won't go back to being smooth and is just all blocky. I don't know if this has anything todo with my signal strength being 1920 x 1080 but I don't know how to fix that...
  4. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  5. Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor: My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 but my laptop is 15.6 so I believe the resolution should be 1366x768 if I'm correct. The resolution kinda bugs me because some of the display looks really good but the mouse pointer is very small and I'm aware of changing the mouse pointer...
  6. Sign-In screen doesn't match Lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In screen doesn't match Lock screen.: There is one account on my PC that will not show the lock screen image on the sign-in screen. I have tried the following: Turning on/off the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen". With the setting off the sign-in screen has a gray background for...
  7. My screen resolution for my monitor doesn't exist anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen resolution for my monitor doesn't exist anymore: My screen resolution for my monitor doesn't exist anymore. this morning I turned my pc on and the resolution was different then I had last time. I looked at the resolution settings and it doesn't show the resolution that I had before (1440xSomething) and it doesn't tell me a...
  8. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  9. Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display: I have my Windows 10 computer driving a flat screen (VGA?) display through HDMI port. Everything was fine until a recent update, now all of my programs hang over the edge rendering all of my music production programs unusable. I know this has happened before (many, many...
  10. Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders: Hi guys Upon upgrading to windows 10 I've noticed that my display size got smaller. screen resolution does not match my screen monitor borders. Resolution is currently set to 1920X1080 and I still have gaps of 1-2 cm from monitor borders, resolution doesn't fully fit my...