Windows 10: screen resolution glitch

Discus and support screen resolution glitch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; yesterday I played with my display settings and when I turned it into 1920 x 1080 just for fun and when I turned it back to my recommended default :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zenden1, Dec 5, 2018.

1. zenden1 Win User

screen resolution glitch

yesterday I played with my display settings and when I turned it into 1920 x 1080 just for fun and when I turned it back to my recommended default : 1024 x 768 I think that my computer is still in 1920 x 1080 but trying to be 1024 x 768 and its like its zoomed in and its moved a little bit to the bottom left so there is a black bar on the right and I can't see the left or bottom that well

:)

zenden1, Dec 5, 2018

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

screen resolution glitch

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

screen resolution glitch

1. screen resolution glitch - Similar Threads - screen resolution glitch

2. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  3. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  4. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen Glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching: Good morning,I have this weird glitching problem on a few sites and I was wondering what it is and what I can do to stop the glitching.The glitch: https://ibb.co/L6rrmzqThank You, Laura Mendes...
  6. Screen Glitching

Screen Glitching: Good morning,I have this weird glitching problem on a few sites and I was wondering what it is and what I can do to stop the glitching.The glitch: https://ibb.co/L6rrmzqThank You, Laura Mendes...
  7. Screen glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen glitch: I have a glitch on my screen. There is a 1/4 pf the screen that is dead zone with a darkened area and a bubble floating left to right. I cannot remove it or click anything under the dead zone....
  8. Screen Glitching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Glitching: I have no idea what is happening here This happened as I was installing a windows update This issue also occurred while I was gaming and the only game I played recently was GTAv The screen glitches then the pc goes black and reboots I need to know why this is...
  9. Screen Glitch

Screen Glitch: My computer screen went black for a second or two twice today. I'm not sure what the problem is. I suspect it has something to do with using an adapter to hook up an older VGA monitor to a new computer. Maybe it's something worse. It's alarming when it happens. How do I...
  10. Screen glitching

Screen glitching: Hello, so I've been having this problem recently: Every time I play a game Fortnite, CSGO, War thunder, etc. 10-5 Minutes into the game my screen either turns grey War thunder, Starts glitching with green and black colors like it has been hit and broken CSGO or Freezes...