Windows 10: Screen resolution is not what it says in settings

Discus and support Screen resolution is not what it says in settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello So I have a MacBook Pro 15' mid 2015 (newest so far) with a bootcamped windows 10 partition. I have a Fujitsu P22W-5 ECO model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Kcah, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Kcah Win User

Screen resolution is not what it says in settings

Hello

So I have a MacBook Pro 15' mid 2015 (newest so far) with a bootcamped windows 10 partition.

I have a Fujitsu P22W-5 ECO model connected to my computer with a VGA cabel and a VGA-Thunderbolt converter.

In my settings it says 1680x1050, but that is clearly not the case.

What is my screen resolution says it is 1120x700, which seems more realistic.

I'm new here, is this the right sup-forum?

I have no idea what to do and all help is much appreciated ! *Smile

:)

Kcah, Oct 7, 2015
  2. JS72 Win User

Resolution isn't what it says it is?

control panel..... device manager...display adapter...then check for a yellow triangle if you have a yellow triangle you can reload or update the driver and it might solve this problem ... that is how I got mine corrected .... you might need to restart to
    have it apply !!!

JS

JS72, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Resolution isn't what it says it is?

ya I tried that too, but it its still weird for me /:

LScott1240, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Kcah, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The screen resolution of 1680x1050 in your Settings is correct.

However, you have your DPI scaling level set above 100%, then it will make it appear that you have a lower screen resolution since its making everything appear larger. This is why that site is reporting a false screen resolution.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 8, 2015
  5. Kcah Win User
    I was pretty sure that I already tried that, but for some reason it worked, so I cannot complain!

Thanks a lot! Screen resolution is not what it says in settings :)

Kcah, Oct 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen resolution is not what it says in settings - Similar Threads - Screen resolution says

2. Screen resolution Windows 10 Setting?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution Windows 10 Setting?: Hello everybody After many years of always using iMac, I finally have a Windows laptop :D Since I don't know much, I would like to have a look at some general settings with someone who knows about them? Among other things I do not know where exactly I can change the...
  3. screen resolutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen resolutions: I have a new desk top pc on windows 10. The screen resolution was not good so I changed the display resolution increasing it to the maximum number not really sure of what I was doing...doh. Now the pc doesn't let me do anything but just displays an error message on the...
  4. Screen Resolution

Screen Resolution: My "recommended" screen resolution is no longer an option and my display does not fill the entire monitor. EVERY time Microsoft does an update, this happens to me. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! So frustrating! Usually I can re-set my display settings but this time it will not....
  5. Windows 10 Display Settings for Screen Resolution

Windows 10 Display Settings for Screen Resolution: So I want to change the resolution on my monitor. I go to Settings, Display and scroll down. The Display Resolution bar is grayed out. It doesn't show a resolution or other possible ones. Unfortunately the first five or so Google efforts to research the issue simply...
  6. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting: I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series notebooks with Windows 10, the moment my app launches (ONLY MY APP), the screen resolution automatically...
  7. Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution: Hello, My Dell U3818DW is running Windows 10. This monitor is connected to NVIDIA NVS 510, which max resolution is 3840x2160. In display settings the highest resolution it lets me pick is 1920x1080. Windows help suggest I update my graphics driver, but Windows Update...
  8. How to set highest resolution screen capture

How to set highest resolution screen capture: I need the highest resolution screen capture for my work. So I turned off Clear Type Text and tried to increase color intensity. But I failed to find the "color intensity" in Windows 10. Please help me to find "color intensity" in Windows 10 or recommend the other way to...
  9. Screen resolution

Screen resolution: Hello How do I change the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/screen-resolution/0e331887-527d-4cb1-875c-e3a070c88589
  10. Screen resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution: Sorry if this has been asked and answered before (if it has can anyone direct me to the solution) Right then, I took advantage to "upgrade" from W7 to W10, everything went well except that the screen displays at a wider angle than it should i.e. my photo on my desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen resolution is not what windows says it is