Windows 10: Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor

Discus and support Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have connected a 26 inch TV as a monitor for my Windows 10 Desktop PC. The screen image appears too large with part of the Task Bar just barely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roy W Myers, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor

Hi,

I have connected a 26 inch TV as a monitor for my Windows 10 Desktop PC.

The screen image appears too large with part of the Task Bar just barely showing on the bottom. I need to reduce the size of the screen image. How do I do this?

***Original title: Windows Desktop display using a 26" TV as a monoitor***

:)

Roy W Myers, Mar 17, 2020

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Blank Screen When Connecting Windows 10 Laptop to TV

Hi Antinet,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting laptop to TV.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Not connected properly.

2. Incorrect screen resolution or display settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it by following these steps:

a. Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.

b. Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.

c. Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions
    on how to do this.

d. Turn on your computer.

e. You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution
    in Windows.

f. If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your
    TV.

To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

a. Right click on the screen and select
    Screen Resolution.

b. Check if the resolution is set to 1024x768.

c. If it is not, then set it to 1024x768.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to change the screen resolution and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor

TV resolution problem

Hi,

1920x1080 is the standard resolution for TV's in full HD.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried changing the resolution of the monitor through Intel HD Graphics Control Panel?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, go to Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and try changing the resolution to get the best picture and size of the video displayed on your monitor.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor

1. Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution issue

2. monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor resolution issue: I recently accidently changed my monitor's resolution to a higher one and now it only shows "Input not supported", It is an old acer monitor, I use a vga cable converter to hdmi to connect to my windows 10 dell laptop. When I plug in the hdmi connecting the monitor to the...
  3. TV screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    TV screen resolution: Hello, I cracked the LCD on my laptop, so thru HDMI, I hooked it up to my TV. I need to make it so the resolution fits the TV. the max res im getting on the tv is 1920x1080. the tv is full HD 1080p. is my computer not compatible? Thanks, Tyla...
  4. Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Issue: I recently got a Samsung 22A300B 21.5" 1080p 60Hz as my temp 3rd monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer through my GTX1080, (even though the monitor says that the optimal resolution for it to be set at is 1080p) windows won't let me increase the resolution above...
  5. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue: I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a...
  6. Monitor Resolution Issue

Monitor Resolution Issue: Since upgrading my desktop PC to Windows 10, I've been having an issue with the monitor. Icons are large, and stretched out. So, I went in to change the resolution, and noticed that they display reads as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor," and when I try to change it to a higher...
  7. Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV

Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV: Hi all, hope someone can provide some clues as to what I need to do to get screen resolution from changing when I switch display settings from extended to duplicate screens. PC is a self built machine with on Intel HD board graphics, however I am using a Radeon 6870 GFX...
  8. 4k tv resolution issue

4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...
  9. Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues

Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues: At work I use 3 physical vertical monitors and I use an application which takes screenshots of every minute each day. I need to review these screenshots later and would like to do this at home, however I only have a laptop at home and this makes things difficult. I...
  10. custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor: Hello friends, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and my screen is too big for my television monitor that I am using. Usually I just go to display settings and choose advanced settings in order to customize the size, but in this particular case I do not have the custom bar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen resolution using tv