Windows 10: Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor

Discus and support Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I added a 32 inch monitor to my laptop pc. Moment i added it, my first monitor 24 inch suddenly dropped its resolution to 1280*800 when it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NishantBhushan, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor

Hello

I added a 32 inch monitor to my laptop pc. Moment i added it, my first monitor 24 inch suddenly dropped its resolution to 1280*800 when it was running earlier at 1920*1200 resolution. It does not allow any higher resolution on my 24 inch monitor. What is causing this and how can I resolve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nishant

:)

NishantBhushan, Nov 6, 2020

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 6, 2020
  3. ZoomProblem on the Second Monitor

Hi Tristan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I see that you are facing issues regarding the monitor display.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Step 1:Detect another monitor

1. In the Search Bar type Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click PC and devices, then tap or click
    Display

3. Tap or click Detect.

Step 2:Change the screen orientation

1. In the Search Bar type Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click PC and devices, then tap or click Display.

3. In the Orientation list, choose the screen orientation you want to use.

Step 3: Change the Screen Resolution

I would also suggest you to change the screen resolution and heck if it helps,

1. Type Display in Search bar and then Enter.

2. In left pane Select Adjust Screen resolution and change according to the requirement.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor

Screen resolution for second screen

Hi,RynoERP

Thank you for the information, if the monitor can only be used at 600 x 800. you need to lower the first screen solution of the laptop at the same solution that recommend to the monitor. For instance, if your monitor's native resolution is 600 x 800 but you
    have your computer set to 1280 x 1024 the pixels sent from the computer won't line up properly with the pixels on your display in the monitor.

and if you lower the resolution with required on the monitor and if still the same show blurry means there something wrong already in the monitor.

Kindly update me what happen

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor

1. Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor - Similar Threads - Screen resolution lowers

2. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  3. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  4. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  6. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  7. Second monitor resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor resolution issues: Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My...
  8. Changing resolution in second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  9. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting: I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series notebooks with Windows 10, the moment my app launches (ONLY MY APP), the screen resolution automatically...
  10. Second monitor, wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor, wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...