Windows 10: screen resolution not fitting with monitor

Discus and support screen resolution not fitting with monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scarlet_Ayako_120, Apr 10, 2021.

1. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black with monitor saying "input signal out of range" and it turns back to the original size, i really tried every possible way and i need help please and thank you.

note that i use an HP Compaq LA2006x monitor and i don't have a graphic card, so i can't download graphic drivers to fix the problem..

submitted by /u/Scarlet_Ayako_120
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scarlet_Ayako_120, Apr 10, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2021
  3. lmaneke Win User
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly

Does your monitor have an auto adjust button for fitting your resolution to the screen? Most have them in the monitors menu

lmaneke, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Lithian Win User

screen resolution not fitting with monitor

Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts
    of the screen that are cut off and I can't seem to find any resolution that has worked. Also, note that it has fit my screen correctly in the past and that I have used the same resolution as I did before.

Lithian, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

screen resolution not fitting with monitor

1. screen resolution not fitting with monitor - Similar Threads - screen resolution fitting

2. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  3. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  4. fitting screen to monitor screen

fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  5. Screen resolution does not fit screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution does not fit screen: I have a HP 2310m monitor, with a 1920x1080 resolution. If I set my resolution in windows settings to 1920x1080, it does not fit my monitor, and not all of the screen can be seen. When I check my monitor settings, it grays out the option to change resolution, unless I set...
  6. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  7. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...
  8. Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders

Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders: Hi guys Upon upgrading to windows 10 I've noticed that my display size got smaller. screen resolution does not match my screen monitor borders. Resolution is currently set to 1920X1080 and I still have gaps of 1-2 cm from monitor borders, resolution doesn't fully fit my...
  9. Resolution not fitting screen & Others

Resolution not fitting screen & Others: I have a few problems, I'll just list them and what I know because frankly I can't think of the answers. Even working with computers as a job I'm still mind blown by some of these. Problem 1 I have a XFX R7-260X-CNF4 R7 260X running on windows 10 x64. Anyway my monitor...
  10. custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor: Hello friends, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and my screen is too big for my television monitor that I am using. Usually I just go to display settings and choose advanced settings in order to customize the size, but in this particular case I do not have the custom bar...